Digital TV News: Facebook
Streaming in Asia continues to grow
Nov 16, 2021 – Despite predictions of a 'pandemic peak', streaming adoption continues to gain ground worldwide and Asia is no exception, experiencing 46% Y-o-Y growth in Q3 2021 according to the 'Q3 2021 State of Streaming: Asia' report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Conviva releases Q3 State of Streaming report
Nov 4, 2021 – Despite predictions of a 'pandemic peak,' streaming adoption continues to gain ground in almost every single region quarter after quarter, according to the Q3 2021 State of Streaming report from Conviva.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
Oct 27, 2021 – Freeview has announced that its on demand platform Freeview Play is now used in over 10 million homes. This follows over 14 million sales and cements its position as the fastest growing TV platform in the UK.
News categories: Freeview, Neema Shah, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
Oct 19, 2021 – Sky has appointed Panther Logistics as the sole delivery partner for its Sky Glass streaming TVs. Panther will provide services which include delivery, stand installation, and removal of packaging if requested.
News categories: Panther Logistics, Sky, Gary McKelvey, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TVision and Gemius bring cross-platform measurement to the ad industry
Oct 4, 2021 – TVision and Gemius have partnered to provide measurement of video ads across TV, mobile and digital, enabling the alignment of campaigns across all these platforms to avoid wearout and frequency overload.
News categories: TVision, Gemius, Yan Liu, Marta Sulkiewicz, Josh Chasin, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Vodafone adds Facebook Watch to STB platform in Europe
Sep 30, 2021 – Vodafone is to add Facebook Watch to Vodafone TV in Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece, becoming the first pay-TV operator in Europe to offer the service on its set-top boxes.
News categories: Vodafone, Facebook, Alex Froment-Curtil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021
Sep 9, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021, revealing streaming growth in Europe held onto pandemic gains, growing 19% Y-o-Y, outpacing global streaming growth (13%) for the same time period.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021