Digital TV News: Facebook
Vodafone adds Facebook Watch to STB platform in Europe
Sep 30, 2021 – Vodafone is to add Facebook Watch to Vodafone TV in Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece, becoming the first pay-TV operator in Europe to offer the service on its set-top boxes.
News categories: Vodafone, Facebook, Alex Froment-Curtil, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Set Top Box, Streaming
Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
Sep 21, 2021 – Attest has released its third annual US Media Consumption Report. The report points to a significant decrease in the desire of Americans to sit in front of a TV screen for prolonged periods of time.
News categories: Attest, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021
Sep 9, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Europe report for Q2 2021, revealing streaming growth in Europe held onto pandemic gains, growing 19% Y-o-Y, outpacing global streaming growth (13%) for the same time period.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
SE Asia online video revenues to reach $4.5bn in 2025
Aug 31, 2021 – Online video market revenues in South East Asia are set to rise to $4.5bn by the end of 2025 according to Omdia. It's forecast that 62% revenues will come from advertising in 2025.
News categories: Omdia, Kia Ling Teoh, Jun Wen Woo, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Conviva releases Q2 2021 State of Streaming report
Aug 11, 2021 – Conviva’s Q2 2021 State of Streaming report has revealed that streaming viewing time worldwide grew 13% in Q2 2021, as compared to Q2 2020, with Africa growing 79% and South America 192% driven by the launch of new services.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Telenet to add unskippable ads to TV recordings
Aug 10, 2021 – Telenet is to introduce a revised model for TV advertising in Belgium. Viewers will have to sit through one minute of unskippable adverts before any recordings they've made of VTM (DPG Media) and PLAY programmes (SBS).
News categories: Telenet, DPG Media, SBS, VRT, John Porter, Kris Vervaet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Frederik Delaplace, Advertising, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR
52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
Jul 29, 2021 – As consumers have been forced to self-filter what they spend their attention on in an increasingly saturated attention environment, it is increasingly ads which are not making the cut, a new report from MIDiA has found.
News categories: MIDiA, Hanna Kahlert, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 27, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Vewd provides content browser for Facebook's Portal TV
Jul 15, 2021 – Facebook has selected Vewd to provide the first web browser in the Portal TV App Store. Vewd's technology is designed for connected TV devices, enabling viewing of streaming content not available in an app.
News categories: Vewd, Portal TV, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Oceania, Set Top Box, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers