Digital TV News: Fandango
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera TV, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
PlayStation4 sales surpass 10 million units worldwide
Aug 12, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units worldwide as of August 10, 2014.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
Suddenlink and TiVo Announce Strategic Distribution Agreement
Jul 8, 2010 – Suddenlink Communications and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have entered into a strategic relationship for Suddenlink to distribute co-branded, TiVo Premiere DVRs as well as non-DVR set-top boxes.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Suddenlink, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
RCN Selects TiVo as Its Primary DVR Platform
Aug 4, 2009 – RCN (NASDAQ: RCNI) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have entered into a strategic relationship for RCN to offer co-branded, uniquely configured TiVo High Definition DVRs to its residential and small business customers.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo and Windstream Partner to Offer TiVo DVR & Windstream High-Speed Internet Bundle
Oct 31, 2007 – TiVo Inc. (Nasdaq: TIVO) and Windstream Corporation (NYSE: WIN) have announced an agreement to offer bundled internet and TiVo DVR services.
News categories: Windstream, TiVo, Broadband, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021