Digital TV News: Fetch TV
IP Vision and Netgem Unveil HD Hybrid Freeview+ STB
Mar 23, 2010 – IP Vision and Netgem will showcase their High-Definition Freeview+ Hybrid DTT set top box (STB) at the IPTV World Forum. The FetchTV SmartBox 8320HD will be shown on IP Vision's Stand and features Netgem's latest DVB-T2 hardware reference design.
News categories: IP Vision, Netgem, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
The End of the Walled Garden: Led by Pay-TV Operators
Feb 8, 2010 – IMS Research's newest report reveals that demand for connected CE devices are being driven by increased bandwidth, the evolution of content delivery methods and the convergence of media and communications industries.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sky Player to launch on IP Vision's Fetch TV
Oct 15, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced an agreement with IP Vision to make its online TV service, Sky Player, available via IP Vision's Fetch TV devices. From early 2010, the deal will allow customers to receive some of Sky's channels through Fetch TV's set-top boxes.
News categories: IP Vision, BSkyB, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
IPTV and DTT - The rise of Free-to-air and Customized TV Experiences
Oct 13, 2009 – The IMS Research study 'IPTV: A Global Market Analysis' reveals that nearly 13% of total worldwide IP set-top box (STB) shipments in 2008 were operator deployed IP+DTT STBs.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Netgem's Next Generation Platform Improves IPTV Picture
Sep 11, 2009 – Netgem (Paris:NTG) has launched NetgemTV, the company's next generation software platform that features a highly visual and intuitive user interface, combined with media center functionality.
News categories: Netgem, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers