Digital TV News: Flow
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
Mar 25, 2020 – The need for social distancing and sheltering in home during the COVID-19 pandemic could accelerate the adoption of cloud gaming services among new gamers who are looking for additional sources of entertainment, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Worldwide
Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions
Mar 24, 2020 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has released results of a survey on streaming trends among American consumers. The report shows that alongside the growth of streaming, consumers may be starting to feel subscription fatigue.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, Tony Marlow, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
AT&T U.S. down 1,164k; Vrio up 25k video subs in 4Q 2019
Jan 29, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourthd quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.164 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 219,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were up by 25,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 100,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 10, 2020 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended on December 31, 2019. Digital CATV paying subscribers at period-end stood at 7.35 million, up by 100,000 in the quarter.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Fifteen Roku TV brands to launch in 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that 15 TV brands will launch Roku TV models in 2020. Brands include ATVIO, Element, Hisense, Hitachi, InFocus, JVC, Magnavox, onn., Philips, Polaroid, RCA, Sanyo, TCL and Westinghouse.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2020, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Liberty Global abandons attempt to combine UPC Switzerland with Sunrise
Dec 17, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has terminated discussions regarding the combination of UPC Switzerland and Sunrise Communications. The deal was initially announced on February 27, 2019.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
Nov 13, 2019 – Netflix and Nickelodeon have announced that they have made a deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as new IP - for kids and families around the world.
News categories: Netflix, Nickelodeon, Melissa Cobb, Brian Robbins, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform