Digital TV News: Flow
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
Feb 1, 2023 – The rapid evolution of the market towards standardized set-top boxes based on Android TV should allow Netgem to completely withdraw from the sale of access equipment and the associated working capital requirements.
News categories: Netgem, Mathias Hautefort, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
Dec 1, 2022 – Deloitte's TMT practice has announced its predictions for the sector in 2023. Deloitte expects that by mid-2023, all major video subscription services in Europe will have launched an ad-funded tier alongside ad-free offerings.
News categories: Deloitte, Paul Lee, Celine Fenech, Ben Stanton, Jonathan Sharp, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
Nov 17, 2022 – Consumer VR will be worth $6.9bn in 2022, increasing to $20bn in 2027, according to Omdia. In the face of macroeconomic challenges, the market continues to expand, with 12.5 million headsets expected to be sold in 2022.
News categories: Omdia, George Jijiashvili, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
MultiChoice pay-TV subscribers up 1.0m YoY at end-September
Nov 10, 2022 – MultiChoice has announced results for the period ended 30 September 2022. The group’s linear pay-TV subscriber base increased by 1.0m to reach 22.1m households, consisting of 9.1m in South Africa and 13.0m in the Rest of Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, Calvo Mawela, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
AMC Networks' streaming subscribers grow 44% to 11.1 million
Nov 4, 2022 – AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Streaming subscribers grew 44% versus the prior year to 11.1 million at the end of the period.
News categories: AMC Networks, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
FuboTV North America subscribers up 31% YoY at 1,231,000
Nov 4, 2022 – FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Paid subscribers in North America reached a record high of 1,231,000, an increase of 31% Y-o-Y. In the rest of the world, the company had 358,000 total paid subscribers.
News categories: FuboTV, David Gandler, Edgar Bronfman Jr, Canada, Digital TV, France, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
holoride in-car entertainment platform launches on select Audi models
Nov 2, 2022 – holoride has announced the release of its platform for select Audi vehicles in Germany from mid-November. The add-on package provides a variety of games and apps that all use live ride info to bring content to life in a new media paradigm.
News categories: holoride, Audi, Nils Wollny, Giorgio Delucchi, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Metaverse
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment