Digital TV News: Fox
QTT launches linear TV ad marketplace
Aug 24, 2021 – QTT has launched QTT Marketplace, an open-platform destination for advertisers and agencies accustomed to digital platforms to directly access premium, curated local and national television inventory.
News categories: Viamedia, John Piccone, Ethan Heftman, Dan Callahan, Bill Rosolie, Eric Fischer, Todd Randak, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Five Atlanta TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 24, 2021 – Television viewers in Atlanta, the seventh-ranked media market in the US, can now experience the future of broadcast television as five local TV stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Meredith, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fox selects Synamedia broadcast solution for Orlando ATSC 3.0 rollout
Aug 24, 2021 – Synamedia has announced that Fox Television Stations will use its broadcast solution, featuring its virtual Digital Content Manager, to support the rollout of ATSC 3.0 in the Orlando, Florida market.
News categories: Synamedia, Fox, Julien Signès, Jeff Roberts, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
More than half of U.S. adult broadband users watch FAST services on TV
Aug 19, 2021 – TDG estimates that six-in-ten connected TV households now watch a free ad-supported streaming service on TV. YouTube remains the dominant FVOD provider, with FAST services such as Pluto TV and IMDb enjoying growing audiences.
News categories: TDG Research, Doug Montgomery, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Comscore expands relationship with Fox
Aug 6, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has expanded and extended its relationship with Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA, FOX), which includes Comscore's National TV measurement.
News categories: Comscore, Fox Corp, Carol Hinnant, Audrey Steele, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Prime Video app coming to Foxtel set-tops
Aug 2, 2021 – The Foxtel Group and Amazon Prime Video are to integrate the Prime Video app into Foxtel set-top boxes by the end of 2021. The app will be available on Foxtel's iQ3, iQ4 and soon to launch iQ5 set-tops.
News categories: Foxtel, Prime Video, Patrick Delany, Hushidar Kharas, Apps, Australia, Broadcast, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 14, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying