Digital TV News: Free
Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
Jan 26, 2023 – Breezeline has launched Breezeline Stream TV in its Columbus and Cleveland service areas in Ohio. Breezeline Stream TV is a cloud-based TV service integrating live TV and DVR with on demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Heather McCallion, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
Jan 23, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in the MENA region will increase from 17.32 million in 2022 to 19.20 million in 2028, with legitimate pay TV penetration remaining at only 19%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Terrestrial
CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
Jan 19, 2023 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM), the 4A's and the TVB have launched a study focused on developing an action plan for supporting the evolution of local TV measurement in the U.S. market.
News categories: CIMM, 4A's, TVB, Sequent Partners, Jon Watts, Ashwini Karandikar, Hadassa Gerber, Betsy Rella, Keith Kazerman, Patti Cohen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
Jan 19, 2023 – Roku has revealed results from a study examining Canadian TV streaming behaviours and trends. According to the report, 76% of Canadians are TV streamers and ad-supported TV is on the rise with 52% tuning in.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
Jan 19, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Plex has joined its content marketplace as a platform partner. As Amagi’s platform partner, Plex gains access to Amagi's network of 2,000+ FAST channels and AVOD libraries from leading content brands.
News categories: Amagi, Plex, Srinivasan KA, Shawn Eldridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ITVX ups ITV’s streaming viewing by 55% in first month
Jan 13, 2023 – ITVX, ITV's new, free, ad-funded streaming service, has enjoyed a strong launch month delivering a 55% increase in ITV's streaming hours in the first month after its launch compared to the same period last year.
News categories: ITV, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
DAZN now has 15 million premium paying subscribers
Jan 12, 2023 – DAZN Group has publishes its 2022 Annual Review providing an update on its strategic priorities and critical milestones this year. DAZN is now the largest digital sports broadcaster in Europe.
News categories: DAZN, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Amagi report confirms significant growth in FAST viewing in Europe
Jan 11, 2023 – Amagi has released its latest report on the state of the FAST market. Growth in Q3 2022 compared to Q3 2021 in Europe saw an increase of 99.97% in ad impressions and over 51% in Hours of Viewing.
News categories: Amagi, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Ateme and ENENSYS support Rai Way's transition to DVB-T2
Jan 10, 2023 – Ateme and ENENSYS have combined their video distribution expertise to enable Rai Way, the RAI TV network operator, to start the Refarming project which will end with the transition to the DVB-T2 standard.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, Rai Way, Cyprien Galesne, Carlo Romagnoli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December