Digital TV News: Free
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
May 29, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled research showing that 75% of internet-connected TV viewers across Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico watch ad-supported streaming TV.
News categories: Magnite, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.
May 23, 2023 – Comcast has unveiled NOW TV, a streaming service that includes 40+ live channels from A&E, AMC, Hallmark and Warner Bros. Discovery, plus 20+ FAST channels from NBC, Sky and Xumo Play, and a subscription to Peacock Premium.
News categories: Comcast, Dave Watson, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MENA online video ad revenue to more than double to $2.3bn in 2027
May 22, 2023 – The online video advertising market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region will more than double to reach $2.3bn in 2027 according to the latest research from Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
Comscore to provide local advertising currency for NBCUniversal
May 18, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with NBCUniversal, in which NBCUniversal will be, for the first time, guaranteeing all local ad buys on Comscore measurement.
News categories: Comscore, NBCUniversal, Jon Carpenter, Frank Comerford, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Ad fraud continues to be a significant issue in CTV
May 18, 2023 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has released its 2023 Global Insights Report. The report highlights key digital ad quality trends, and demonstrates the need for always-on verification across channels.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi powers entertainment experience for OSNtv subscribers
May 18, 2023 – Tata Elxsi and OSN have collaborated to develop OSNtv Box, an Android device delivering Pay TV and OTT services in one place. The box is powered by Tata Elxsi's AndroidTV solution suite.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, OSN, Tarun Joshi, Devrim Malak, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Wurl launches ML-powered advertising platform
May 15, 2023 – Wurl has introduced ContentDiscovery, a machine learning-powered advertising platform for streamers and content publishers to acquire viewers and scale profitably across channels.
News categories: Wurl, Ron Gutman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media