Digital TV News: Free
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
JW Player and Applicaster launch integrated OTT app solution
Nov 17, 2021 – JW Player has partnered with Applicaster to launch an OTT app solution for broadcasters and content owners. The out-of-the-box solution enables content owners to launch custom OTT apps at scale without requiring any development.
News categories: JW Player, Applicaster, Dave Otten, Ido Hadari, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Plex now has more than 200 FAST channels
Nov 15, 2021 – Plex has announced that it now offers over 200 free-to-stream live TV channels. Plex is one of the most widely available ad-supported video on demand and live TV offerings in the industry, available in 193 countries.
News categories: Plex, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
rlaxx TV selects Publica for CTV ad serving
Nov 16, 2021 – rlaxx TV has announced a partnership with Publica, enabling it to provide advertisers with buying techniques they have come to expect from linear TV, including competitive separation and the ability to purchase the first slot within ad pods.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Publica, Ronny Lutzi, Ben Antier, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
DNA launches upgraded DNA TV Hubi
Nov 15, 2021 – The renewed, smaller and more than twice as powerful DNA TV Hubi brings together TV channels, streaming services, and utility and entertainment apps behind a single user interface. The device also includes the latest OS and voice search for Android.
News categories: DNA, Ville Partanen, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
fuboTV Inc. to acquire Molotov SAS
Nov 9, 2021 – fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has agreed to acquire France's Molotov SAS. The combined technology capabilities of the two companies will enable fuboTV to launch its streaming platform on a global scale.
News categories: fuboTV, Molotov, David Gandler, JeanDavid Blanc, Africa, Canada, Digital TV, France, MandA, Spain, Streaming, USA
VIZIO reports 3Q 2021 results
Nov 9, 2021 – VIZIO Holding (NYSE: VZIO) has announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2021. The company reported that there are now 14.4 million SmartCast Active Accounts, up 400,000 in the quarter.
News categories: VIZIO, William Wang, Advertising, Digital TV, Results, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
SES launches HD+ IP streaming service in Germany
Nov 9, 2021 – SES has announced HD+ IP, an internet-based streaming service in Germany that provides access to 50 HD channels, and libraries with more content, without needing to have a satellite, cable or DVB-T2 TV connection.
News categories: SES S.A, Norbert Hölzle, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021