Digital TV News: Free
Stingray signs FAST Channels distribution agreement with TCL FALCON
Apr 20, 2022 – Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B) has announced that it has reached an agreement for the distribution of a suite of free ad-supported channels (FAST channels) to TCL smart TVs in Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico and the United States.
News categories: Stingray, TCL FALCON, Manfred Orth, Rebecca Wan, Australia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
ADTH and Tolka debut ATSC 3.0 receivers at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – Atlanta DTH will debut two additions to its product range at the NAB Show. Developed in partnership with Tolka, the products are its new ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver and DGI-NexGen-Solo ultra-compact USB-powered plug-in ATSC 3.0 digital TV receiver.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Tolka, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Wowza launches Wowza Video integrated video platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Wowza Media Systems has launched Wowza Video. With the launch, Wowza bolsters its live streaming technology with VOD functionality — synthesizing all the essential video capabilities that today’s businesses require.
News categories: Wowza, David Stubenvoll, Jon Duncan, Patrick Freeman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Roku debuts clean room for advertisers ahead of TV Upfronts
Apr 19, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has launched a privacy-first data collaboration environment that allows advertisers and agencies to use their encrypted first-party data to implement ad campaigns with Roku, without relying on cookies or consortiums.
News categories: Roku, Louqman Parampath, Adam Gitlin, Brad Stockton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Synamedia and 3SS develop TV apps for Etisalat's Switch TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Etisalat UAE has chosen Synamedia and 3SS to provide TV apps for its D2C streaming service, Switch TV. 3SS and Synamedia developed apps for LG and Samsung TVs, with Synamedia also developing an Apple TV app.
News categories: 3SS, Synamedia, Etisalat, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jean-Francois Pigeon, Jonathan Haysom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
R&S and Qualcomm to show 5G Broadcast streaming to smartphones at CABSAT 2022
Apr 14, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm will show end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming at CABSAT 2022. The demonstration will deliver pre-recorded content over-the-air to provide an advanced live mobile experience.
News categories: Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East
LTN Global launches automated channel creation in the cloud
Apr 13, 2022 – LTN Global has launched LTN Lift, a cloud-based playout solution for the automated creation of live, linear channels to reach cross-platform audiences, helping broadcasters and media companies widen their reach across OTT and FAST services.
News categories: LTN Global, Malik Khan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Media Broadcast renews Freenet HbbTV portal contract with DOTSCREEN
Apr 12, 2022 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support, and maintenance of the Freenet HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN was the original designer and developer of the portal in 2016.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, UX
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated