Digital TV News: FreeCast
FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
Apr 25, 2017 – With the ATSC 3.0 standard, FreeCast plans to offer hundreds of TV networks, including pay channels, over-the-air. FreeCast's upcoming ONE set top box will play a key role, adding crucial elements of the current pay-TV experience to the broadcast lineup.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast Select TV STB to be unveiled at CES 2016
Jan 5, 2016 – FreeCast will be featured at the ShowStoppers press event during this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, where the company will unveil its set top box, due to hit big box retailers early this year.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2023, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
Oct 23, 2014 – FreeCast has announced a giveaway of free HDTV antennas, as part of its U.S. Rabbit TV service. The addition of the antenna adds live news, sports, and other local programming as well as broadcast networks, to its VOD library, and à la carte options.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast unveils 'Rabbit TV Select' OTT STB at CES2014
Jan 6, 2014 – FreeCast has announced its newest product offering dubbed ‘Rabbit TV Select’. The over-the-top product will allow consumers to easily watch high-grade internet TV, check emails, make video calls, and operate their home's security, all from the same location.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Apps, CES2023, Set Top Box, Social TV, Streaming, USA
FreeCast.com to release 'SkyBox' OTT STB
Jul 18, 2012 – FreeCast.com has announced that it plans to release SkyBox, its combination micro-PC and wireless keyboard remote unit with Flash and HTML5 support, which is intended to turn any TV into a wifi personal computer.
News categories: FreeCast.com, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools