Digital TV News: FreeVision
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Motive begins installations for FreeVision DTH in South Africa
Mar 27, 2014 – Motive Television has announce that it has begun the installation of its Content Express™ platform in South Africa in accordance with the contract signed in December 2013 with Siyaya Free To Air TV.
News categories: Motive Television, Sentech, FreeVision, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Motive Television signs contract with South Africa's Siyaya TV
Dec 30, 2013 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that it will install, integrate, and operate Siyaya's VOD platform in conjunction with the launch of Siyaya's TV services on the Sentech Freevision DTH satellite service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
Sentech announces launch of FREEVISION in South Africa
Sep 30, 2013 – SENTECH, South Africa's state-owned broadcasting signal distributor has announced that from 30 September 2013 the Company will rebrand its Vivid service as 'FREEVISION', a Universal Access Direct-To-Home Satellite (DTH-S) platform.
News categories: SENTECH, Dr Setumo Mohapi, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
FREEVISION gap-filler DTH service to launch in South Africa
Aug 20, 2013 – SENTECH has announced that it will rebrand its Vivid service as 'FREEVISION' - a Universal Access Direct-To-Home Satellite (DTH-S) service - from 30 September 2013.
News categories: SENTECH, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV