Digital TV News: FreeVision
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Motive begins installations for FreeVision DTH in South Africa
Mar 27, 2014 – Motive Television has announce that it has begun the installation of its Content Express™ platform in South Africa in accordance with the contract signed in December 2013 with Siyaya Free To Air TV.
News categories: Motive Television, Sentech, FreeVision, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Motive Television signs contract with South Africa's Siyaya TV
Dec 30, 2013 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that it will install, integrate, and operate Siyaya's VOD platform in conjunction with the launch of Siyaya's TV services on the Sentech Freevision DTH satellite service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
Sentech announces launch of FREEVISION in South Africa
Sep 30, 2013 – SENTECH, South Africa's state-owned broadcasting signal distributor has announced that from 30 September 2013 the Company will rebrand its Vivid service as 'FREEVISION', a Universal Access Direct-To-Home Satellite (DTH-S) platform.
News categories: SENTECH, Dr Setumo Mohapi, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
FREEVISION gap-filler DTH service to launch in South Africa
Aug 20, 2013 – SENTECH has announced that it will rebrand its Vivid service as 'FREEVISION' - a Universal Access Direct-To-Home Satellite (DTH-S) service - from 30 September 2013.
News categories: SENTECH, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- Global pay TV revenues to drop by $30 billion
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th