Digital TV News: FreeWheel
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
FreeWheel launches new audience-based TV ad buying technology
Mar 29, 2022 – FreeWheel has announced that it is bringing new self-service capabilities to TV buyers that enable unified audience-based planning on premium Connected TV (CTV) inventory, with deduplicated reach in relation to linear TV.
News categories: FreeWheel, Jon Whitticom, Dan Sinagoga, Janet Katowitz, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast Advertising rolls out multiscreen media solution under AudienceXpress brand
Mar 14, 2022 – Comcast Advertising has announced that its media solutions, allowing U.S. advertisers to buy premium TV advertising on an audience basis nationwide across all screens, will be relaunched under the AudienceXpress brand.
News categories: Comcast Advertising, AudienceXpress, Pooja Midha, Brian Wallach, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
Oct 11, 2021 – FreeWheel has revealed findings from a survey of UK advertisers and agencies. According to the research, 60% of the surveyed UK marketers expect their Advanced TV investments to increase in the next 12 months.
News categories: FreeWheel, CoLab Media, Virginie Dremeaux, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
FreeWheel advertising technology for Redbox's free streaming service
Oct 4, 2021 – Redbox has partnered with FreeWheel to integrate programmatic technology into its free streaming platforms. Through the technology, advertisers will be able to buy Redbox inventory and target audiences.
News categories: Redbox, FreeWheel, Jason Kwong, Dave Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
Sep 20, 2021 – Strategus has partnered with FreeWheel to enable streamlined access to Strategus's premium CTV inventory through FreeWheel’s Strata platform, enabling buyers to receive proposals and send orders electronically.
News categories: FreeWheel, Strategus, Jamie Donnenfeld, Rachel Dillon, Todd Porch, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Streaming services overtake TV Everywhere in the U.S.
Aug 25, 2021 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has published its 1H 2021 U.S. Video Marketplace Report. The report highlights the changing dynamics of how content owners and distributors are monetizing premium digital video content.
News categories: FreeWheel, James Rothwell, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Channel 4 launches real-time bidding on All 4
Aug 23, 2021 – Channel 4 has launched All 4 Private Marketplace, enabling brands to buy digital advertising space around All 4's 14,500 hours of premium content via private programmatic auction for the first time.
News categories: Channel 4, Verica Djurdjevic, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December