Digital TV News: FreeviewPlus
Australia's FreeviewPlus to launch on September 2nd
Aug 5, 2014 – Freeview Australia is launching a TV teaser campaign, featuring some of Australia’s best-loved TV personalities, to herald next month’s launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to content and services from Freeview.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Australia's SBS launches OTT service for HbbTV televisions
Jun 23, 2014 – SBS’s dedicated catch-up viewing service, SBS ON DEMAND, is available to the public in beta (pre-release test version) via HbbTV enabled televisions, which are launching in Australia in the coming months.
News categories: SBS, Marshall Heald, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Streaming
Massive Interactive delivers HbbTV-based service for Australia's FreeviewPlus
Apr 9, 2014 – Massive Interactive (OTCQB: HUGE) has announced that it has delivered the first HbbTV based service in Australia for FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus will be available through new connected receivers carrying the FreeviewPlus logo.
News categories: Massive Interactive, FreeviewPlus, Liz Ross, Max Ramsay, Australia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus for Australia unveiled
Mar 3, 2014 – Freeview Australia has unveiled the key features for FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to content and services from the country's free-to air networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus catch-up TV announced for Australia
Nov 11, 2013 – Freeview Australia has announced plans to unveil an advanced free-to-air EPG service, FreeviewPlus, in the first half of 2014. FreeviewPlus service will include a new, user-friendly EPG and, for the first time, will seamlessly deliver catch up content on TV screens.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters