Digital TV News: Freewire
Magnet selects Inuk's igloo for PCTV solution to broadband and FTTH IPTV customers
Sep 10, 2008 – Inuk Networks has announced that Magnet Networks has selected Inuk's igloo virtual Set-Top Box to extend Magnet Entertainment's IPTV service to PC and Macs.
News categories: Inuk Networks, Magnet Networks, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IBC2023, Ireland, Media Player, Streaming
Freewire, the Largest IPTV Service in UK, Now Protected by SecureMedia
Sep 8, 2008 – SecureMedia and Inuk Networks have announced that Freewire, the popular IPTV service in operation at over 40 university campuses across the UK, is now protected by SecureMedia Encryptonite One™ System.
News categories: SecureMedia, Inuk Networks, Freewire, Content Protection, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Ekioh UI Engine integral part of latest Freewire IPTV STB service
Sep 3, 2008 – Ekioh has announced that the Inuk Networks Freewire IPTV service, running on STBs using the Ekioh UI Engine, has been rolled out in several UK locations. The Ekioh UI Engine utilises the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) open standard from the W3C.
News categories: Ekioh, Inuk Networks, Freewire, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Packet Vision and TANDBERG Television lay the foundations for frame-accurate addressable advertising
Jun 18, 2008 – Packet Vision and TANDBERG Television (NASDAQ:ERIC) have announced the world's only solution capable of delivering truly frame-accurate splicing in H.264 over IPTV - a key component in ensuring seamless delivery of addressable advertising.
News categories: Packet Vision, TANDBERG Television, Advertising, Content Distribution, IPTV
S4C and Wesley Clover lead £9.5 Million investment in IPTV pioneer Inuk Networks
Jun 5, 2008 – Inuk Networks has announced that it is has completed a £9.5 million second round of funding led by broadcaster S4C and venture capital firm Wesley Clover.
News categories: Inuk Networks, S4C, Wesley Clover, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, North America, UK, Venture Capital
Freewire TV signs up more than 40,000 in the UK
Feb 14, 2008 – Inuk Networks has announced that 40,000 people are now receiving digital television through the company's Freewire TV IPTV service.
News categories: Inuk Networks, Freewire, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
First targeted, addressable TV advertising campaign over IPTV is announced
Jan 29, 2008 – Packet Vision has announced the completion of the world's first targeted TV advertising campaign to a predefined audience. The campaign, featuring a Mediacom financial client, ran daily on Channel 4 between 16 and 31 October.
News categories: Packet Vision, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Inuk Networks launches world's first PC-based virtual set-top box; delivering a true TV experience to the PC
Sep 7, 2007 – Inuk Networks has announced the commercial launch of its igloo virtual set-top box software product. igloo enables IPTV platform operators to deliver a true television set-top box experience to a desktop or laptop computer or Mac using standards-based, technology-agnostic software.
News categories: Inuk Networks, Widevine, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Software, Streaming, UK
Inuk Selects Widevine to Secure UK's First IPTV Deployment to PCs
Sep 7, 2007 – Widevine has announced that UK-based Inuk Networks has chosen Widevine Cypher® for the PC to protect and enable its secure delivery of premium broadcast channels and video-on-demand content for its Freewire service -- the nation's first PCTV deployment launching this month.
News categories: Widevine, Inuk Networks, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, UK, Watermarking
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024