Digital TV News: GMI
Rohde & Schwarz acquires Motama
May 22, 2017 – GMIT, a subsidiary of Rohde & Schwarz, has acquired the technology of Motama. The acquisition will expand the Berlin-based company's product portfolio for interruption-free transmission of audio and video content in IP networks.
News categories: GMIT, Motama, Hannes Strobel, Dr. Marco Lohse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Worldwide
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
GMI Selects ANT for German HbbTV Market
May 5, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Good Mind Industries (GMI) has selected the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform for its new range of set-top boxes (STBs). The product line is to be targeted at the HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) retail market.
News categories: ANT plc, GMI, COMAG, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
STMicroelectronics Decoder Combines High Performance and Value for High-Definition Set-Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun sampling its STi7106 high-definition (HD) video decoder. The latest evolution of ST's STi7105 single-chip decoder adds China's AVS high-definition decoding whilst maintaining the same architecture as the STi7105.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Latens and GMI Partner to Offer Cable Operators a Highly Secure and Flexible Set Top Solution
Aug 20, 2008 – Latens and Good Mind Industries (GMI) have announced that they have successfully partnered to offer a highly secure, cost effective set top box (STB) solution for operators of DVB-C networks.
News categories: Latens, Good Mind Industries, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community