Digital TV News: GSMA
Qualcomm Snapdragon Platform to Help Enable Instant Streaming from Netflix on Android Devices
Feb 14, 2011 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that future Android devices powered by the Snapdragon™ platform will have access to instant streaming of TV shows and movies from Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX).
News categories: Qualcomm, Netflix, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC23, Semiconductor, Streaming
Solaris Mobile to Showcase at the GSM Mobile World Congress 2011
Jan 28, 2011 – Solaris Mobile will showcase at the 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from the 14th-17th February on the Enterprise Ireland stand located in Hall 1, stand no. 1F17.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, MWC23
Asia Pacific LTE Connections to Surpass 120 Million by 2015
Nov 16, 2010 – The number of LTE connections in Asia Pacific will exceed 120 million by 2015, according to new data released today by Wireless Intelligence. This aggressive growth will be spearheaded by China.
News categories: Wireless Intelligence, 5G, Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, Mobile, Philippines, Taiwan
IPWireless Partners with Samsung to Demonstrate the Benefits of 3GPP Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB)
Oct 21, 2010 – IPWireless has announced that the company has signed a co-operation agreement with Samsung (KRX: 005930, 005935; LSE: SMSN, SMSD) to develop and demonstrate phones with broadcast capabilities based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Samsung, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
IPWireless Partners with Streamezzo to Develop IMB Applications for Wide Range of Mobile Devices
Sep 9, 2010 – IPWireless has announced that it has partnered with Streamezzo to develop and deploy rich, consumer friendly multimedia applications for Mobile TV, video store and forward, interactive voting and more based on the 3GPP IMB standard.
News categories: IPWireless, Streamezzo, 5G, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Middleware, Mobile
O2, Orange, and Vodafone to Launch Pilot of New Broadcast Service in UK
Jun 22, 2010 – O2 (Madrid and NYSE: TEF), Orange (Paris and NYSE: FTE), and Vodafone (London:VOD) have announced an initiative to jointly pilot a new mobile broadcast system capable of delivering data intensive services such as mobile TV in a more efficient way.
News categories: O2, Orange, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Mobile, UK
Ericsson IPTV Remote for media control in the home
Feb 15, 2010 – The Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) IPTV Remote is a device for controlling the TV and other media devices in the home. It also provides a second screen for previewing content, exploring program guides, web browsing and chatting with friends and family.
News categories: Ericsson, IPTV, MWC23, Smart Home
Solaris Mobile Announces Pocket Gateway Device
Feb 12, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has announced the development of the Solaris Mobile Pocket Gateway, a pocket sized S-band receiver which decodes DVB-SH TV, radio & data streams and relays them over WiFi via a mini web server built into the device.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, Home Server, Mobile, MWC23
ACCESS Showcases Technologies and Services for the New Mobile Revolution at Mobile World Congress
Feb 2, 2010 – ACCESS CO. has announced its participation at GSMA Mobile World Congress 2010. Highlights of the exhibit include NetFront™ Living Connect, ACCESS' comprehensive home networking software solution designed to support DLNA specifications.
News categories: ACCESS CO., ELSE Ltd, Middleware, Mobile, MWC23, Smart Home
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV