Digital TV News: Gemalto
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
ARM, Gemalto and G&D Form Connected Device Security JV
Apr 3, 2012 – ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH), Gemalto (Paris: GTO) and Giesecke & Devrient have announced the creation of a joint venture dedicated to delivering a secure, accessible environment for advanced services running on the growing range of connected devices.
News categories: ARM, Gemalto, G&D, Content Protection, Gaming, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Gemalto Achieves Major Step in Advancing the Take-Off of Mobile TV
Feb 16, 2009 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) has announced that its UpTeq™ mobile TV SIM card is the first to earn certification that meets the SIMalliance Security Guidelines. These guidelines apply to OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile mobile TV products.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC23
NDS Partners with Alcatel-Lucent to Protect and Power MediaCorp, MobileOne (M1), SingTel and StarHub Mobile TV Trial
Oct 13, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it is providing the core conditional access (CA) infrastructure for the world's first commercial trial of the new OMA BCAST SCP standard, an emerging key standard for mobile TV content protection, in Singapore.
News categories: NDS, Alcatel-Lucent, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
Gemalto Combines SIM Card and DVD to Facilitate Mobile Internet Use for WIND Subscribers in Italy
Sep 11, 2008 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) has announced that it is providing Italian mobile operator WIND with Smart Video Card, a technological breakthrough that embeds a DVD-compliant optical disc into the card body of a regular SIM card.
News categories: Gemalto, WIND, CAM, Digital TV, DVD, IBC2023, Italy, Mobile
Gemalto Powers World's First SIM-Based Mobile TV Trial in Singapore with Media Corp, MobileOne, SingTel and StarHub
Sep 9, 2008 – Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO) has announced that the world's first OMA Smart Card Profile compliant mobile TV trial in Singapore is to be enabled by Gemalto's UpTeq™ mobile TV Subscriber Identity Module and viewership measurement service.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Content Protection, IBC2023, Mobile, Singapore
Alcatel-Lucent supports launch of world's first commercial trial of mobile TV service based on the Open Mobile Alliance's BCAST Smartcard Profile
Aug 20, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced its support for the world's first commercial trial of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)'s new BCAST Smartcard Profile by MobileOne (M1) and MediaCorp in Singapore.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MobileOne, MediaCorp, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Singapore
MediaCorp spearheads mobile TV trial with M1, StarHub and SingTel
Jul 25, 2008 – Singapore's three telecommunications service providers M1, SingTel and StarHub, together with the national broadcaster MediaCorp, will jointly conduct a consumer mobile TV trial using DVB-H technology next month.
News categories: MediaCorp, M1 Limited, SingTel, StarHub, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
Monic@sh and MTN Select Irdeto to Secure Mobile Broadcast TV Services in the Ivory Coast
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced a deal to secure mobile broadcast TV services across the MTN Côte d'Ivoire network in the West African nation.
News categories: Irdeto, Monic@sh, MTN Côte d'Ivoire, CAM, Conditional Access, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC23
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024