Digital TV News: GlobalData
US and Europe ‘Netflix’d out’, says GlobalData
Feb 14, 2022 – The US and Europe are ‘Neflix’d out’, according to GlobalData. Netflix needs to turn to 'emerging' markets such as India if it wants to stop its falling new subscriber numbers and plummeting share price.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Australia’s SVOD revenue to reach $3.2bn in 2026
Dec 17, 2021 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from $1.9bn in 2021 to $3.2bn in 2026, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households, and a steady rise in average monthly revenue per unique household.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Japan SVOD revenue to grow to $6.3bn in 2025
Nov 16, 2021 – VOD service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.7% from $2.8bn in 2020 to $6.3bn in 2025, driven by increasing SVOD subscriptions and steady rise in average monthly revenue per SVOD household, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Virtual reality to become a $51bn market by 2030
Nov 8, 2021 – While VR is set to see significant growth in the next ten years, with GlobalData estimating it will become a $51bn industry by 2030, the technology is still not a 'mainstream success'.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
Oct 27, 2021 – Pay TV service revenue in Thailand is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 8.5% from $734m in 2021 to $1.1bn in 2026, supported by growing DTH, Cable TV and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Thailand
SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
Sep 24, 2021 – The household penetration of SVOD services in Malaysia is expected to increase from 12% in 2020 to about 27% in 2025, driven by considerable rise in the adoption of OTT video, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Kantipudi Pradeepthi, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, Streaming
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
AR expected to one day replace smartphones
Sep 6, 2021 – AR is expected to one day replace smartphones, according to GlobalData. The company notes that within the next ten years, AR will be a $152bn industry – a 22-fold growth. AR will be one of the most disruptive technologies of our time.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December