Digital TV News: GlobalData
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
AR expected to one day replace smartphones
Sep 6, 2021 – AR is expected to one day replace smartphones, according to GlobalData. The company notes that within the next ten years, AR will be a $152bn industry – a 22-fold growth. AR will be one of the most disruptive technologies of our time.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
Jul 28, 2021 – The pay TV market in China is set to decline at a CAGR of 0.5% from $32.9bn in 2020 to $32.1bn in 2025, due to the growing preference for OTT video streaming services and falling pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
Pay TV revenue in Japan to expand at a 2.2% CAGR
Jun 28, 2021 – Despite a decline in pay TV subscriptions, pay TV revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% over the period 2020-2025, supported by increasing ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Japan, Subscribers
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 25, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
DTH, IPTV to drive pay TV revenue in Indonesia
Jun 1, 2021 – Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from $497m in 2020 to $633m in 2025, at a CAGR of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Pay TV revenue in India to grow at a lethargic 0.9% CAGR
Apr 23, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in India is expected to grow at a negligible CAGR of 0.9% from US$3bn in 2020 to US$3.1bn in 2025 due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and falling ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, India, Market Research
OTT competition to hinder traditional pay TV growth in Hong Kong
Mar 26, 2021 – According to GlobalData, pay TV revenue in Hong Kong will grow at a very sluggish CAGR of 0.7% between 2020 and 2025, primarily due to intense competition from pure play OTT video streaming service platforms such as Viu.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research
Surge in OTT video pulling down pay TV revenues in Singapore
Mar 22, 2021 – Between 2020 and 2025, the surge in OTT video service adoption in Singapore will pull down pay TV revenues by 1.45% CAGR, and will reduce household penetration by more than five percentage points, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sree Venkatesh, Digital TV, Market Research, Singapore
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK