Digital TV News: GlobalData
US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
Nov 18, 2019 – Telecommunications and pay-TV service revenue in the U.S. will reach $404.5bn by the end of 2019, representing a 0.5% decline over 2018, according to GlobalData. Pay-TV revenue will drop from $94.4bn in 2019 to $84bn by 2024 as a result of cord-cutting trends.
News categories: GlobalData, Ivan Maldonado, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
Nov 12, 2019 – North America’s SVOD market will close 2019 with an estimated 147 million subscriptions, expanding at a CAGR of 9% through 2023, according to GlobalData. The US market is one of the most competitive SVoD markets worldwide.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Subscribers
IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
Oct 14, 2019 – GlobalData expects that a rise in IPTV subscriptions and increasing ARPU will drive growth in pay-TV service revenues in Japan through 2023. Fixed broadband expansion and rising adoption of OTT services will also increase revenue.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
Growth in IPTV subscriptions to sustain pay TV market in China
Sep 26, 2019 – GlobalData expects that between 2018 and 2023 robust growth in IPTV subscriptions in China will help offset subscription losses in cable TV and sustain market growth. Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% over the period.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, China, Digital TV, Market Research
Negligible growth in India pay TV revenues to 2024
Sep 23, 2019 – Telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% during 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. Within that, pay TV revenues are forecast to grow at a CAGR of only 0.1%.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Broadband, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
Pay TV penetration in the Americas to drop to 48.8% in 2023
Sep 4, 2019 – Pay-TV household penetration in the Americas is expected to decline from 53.2% in 2018 to 48.8% in 2023 due to ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America, according to GlobalData. In 2018, the global average stood at 55.3%.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America
DTH and IPTV subscriptions to drive pay TV growth in Malaysia
Aug 30, 2019 – Supported by rising adoption of mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV services, the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% between 2018 and 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France