Digital TV News: GlobeCast
Equidia moves to cloud delivery with Globecast
Sep 6, 2022 – Globecast has announced that international horse racing channel, Equidia, has chosen its Managed Cloud Network (MCN) service, plus encoding, to increase the choice and flexibility of content available to be aired by affiliates.
News categories: Globecast, PMU, Gregoire Courtois, Laurent Alvarez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
beIN ASIA PACIFIC selects Globecast for managed media services
Jun 1, 2022 – Globecast has announced that beIN ASIA PACFIC has selected it to provide media processing and delivery services. Globecast will be providing managed media services including playout and OTT platform hosting.
News categories: Globecast, beIN, Shakunt Malhotra, Sabil Salim, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Globecast deploys Elecard to monitor cloud playout quality
Jul 13, 2021 – Elecard has announced that Globecast has deployed Elecard's Boro monitoring system as part of its playout infrastructure to help ensure smooth development, implementation and operation of the cloud platform.
News categories: Elecard, Globecast, Anton Proshutya, Chris Pulis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
Jun 17, 2021 – Globecast has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) and MainStreaming to provide an end-to-end OTT platform, app and associated backend infrastructure, to help customers with their ongoing digital transformation.
News categories: Globecast, MainStreaming, Viaccess-Orca, Alessandro Alquati, Antonio Corrado, Philippe Leonetti, Apps, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Globecast provides OTT services to multiple African broadcasters
Sep 2, 2020 – Globecast has provided a range of TV Everywhere OTT services to multiple African broadcasters, including the creation of live streaming OTT services, CDN provisioning and end-to-end project management.
News categories: Globecast, Frederic Torasso, Lionel Antoine, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
Jul 7, 2020 – Globecast has announced that Plastique has enlisted Globecast as its technical partner to supply a turnkey OTT service for BoFiNet, Botswana’s wholesale provider of telecommunications infrastructure.
News categories: Globecast, BoFiNet, Stefan Wiederkehr, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
Feb 25, 2020 – Globecast has begun deployment of Infrastructure as Code (IaC). IaC is the process of creating and managing cloud-based technologies using scripts. Scripts are 'read', or accepted, by systems like AWS’ CloudFormation or the cloud-agnostic solution from Terraform.
News categories: Globecast, Ian Redgewell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
Jan 28, 2020 – EUTELSAT 7C has entered full commercial service. Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) teams have migrated a number of services from EUTELSAT 7A to EUTELSAT 7C, including Digiturk and TRT for Turkey, and Globecast for coverage across Europe and the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg