Digital TV News: GlobeCast
Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
Feb 2, 2023 – New World TV turned to Globecast to provide satellite distribution services for the recent Qatar football tournament. New World TV is a satellite-based TV network operating across Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Globecast, New World TV, Yann Madeline, Redha Chibani, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
Nov 29, 2022 – Globecast has announced an agreement with EarthxTV to provide cloud playout for the linear TV channel and distribution to MVPDs. Globecast is orchestrating the EarthxTV playback entirely in the cloud.
News categories: Globecast, EarthxTV, René Villapando, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
Equidia moves to cloud delivery with Globecast
Sep 6, 2022 – Globecast has announced that international horse racing channel, Equidia, has chosen its Managed Cloud Network (MCN) service, plus encoding, to increase the choice and flexibility of content available to be aired by affiliates.
News categories: Globecast, PMU, Gregoire Courtois, Laurent Alvarez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
beIN ASIA PACIFIC selects Globecast for managed media services
Jun 1, 2022 – Globecast has announced that beIN ASIA PACFIC has selected it to provide media processing and delivery services. Globecast will be providing managed media services including playout and OTT platform hosting.
News categories: Globecast, beIN, Shakunt Malhotra, Sabil Salim, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
Globecast deploys Elecard to monitor cloud playout quality
Jul 13, 2021 – Elecard has announced that Globecast has deployed Elecard's Boro monitoring system as part of its playout infrastructure to help ensure smooth development, implementation and operation of the cloud platform.
News categories: Elecard, Globecast, Anton Proshutya, Chris Pulis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
Jun 17, 2021 – Globecast has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) and MainStreaming to provide an end-to-end OTT platform, app and associated backend infrastructure, to help customers with their ongoing digital transformation.
News categories: Globecast, MainStreaming, Viaccess-Orca, Alessandro Alquati, Antonio Corrado, Philippe Leonetti, Apps, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Globecast provides OTT services to multiple African broadcasters
Sep 2, 2020 – Globecast has provided a range of TV Everywhere OTT services to multiple African broadcasters, including the creation of live streaming OTT services, CDN provisioning and end-to-end project management.
News categories: Globecast, Frederic Torasso, Lionel Antoine, Africa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
Jul 7, 2020 – Globecast has announced that Plastique has enlisted Globecast as its technical partner to supply a turnkey OTT service for BoFiNet, Botswana’s wholesale provider of telecommunications infrastructure.
News categories: Globecast, BoFiNet, Stefan Wiederkehr, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment