Digital TV News: Globoplay
ZEASN introduces Whale OS Turnkey 2.0 Smart TV solution on Novatek SoCs
Jan 11, 2022 – ZEASN has released Whale OS Turnkey 2.0. Built on ZEASN’s Whale OS, the turnkey Smart TV solution offers a customized UI, the most requested advanced smart TV features, and brings the native app experience to TV viewers.
News categories: ZEASN, Novatek, Raymond Chung, Daniel Ping, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Globoplay app for Philips and AOC TVs via partnership with ZEASN
Nov 2, 2021 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Globo. As part of the deal, the biggest Brazilian streaming service, Globoplay, has been made available via a native solution on the latest Philips and AOC smart TVs.
News categories: ZEASN, TPV, Globo, Jason He, Eduardo Brunoro, Fernando Ramos, Apps, Brazil, Smart TV, Streaming
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Roku launches Roku Express in Brazil
Sep 2, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Express, the company TV streaming device, in Brazil. The Roku Express is expected to be available in stores in the upcoming weeks at an average starting price of R$349.90.
News categories: Roku, Arthur van Rest, Brazil, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated