Digital TV News: Gospell
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
First STBs with Inview software arrive in Nigeria
Mar 16, 2016 – Inview Technology has successfully completed its software integration with the first batch of set-top boxes for the beginning of Nigeria's digital switchover. Inview software and services will be integrated on all 20 million set-top boxes for launch into the Nigeria market.
News categories: Inview Technology, Nick Markham, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Exset supplies DMS-equipped STBs to Pakistan’s Cable Media Group
Nov 17, 2015 – Exset has announced that it is supplying the latest version of its Value Added Service DMS 4.0 technology to Pakistan cable operator Cable Media Group (CMG). Exset has integrated its middleware with set-top boxes from Gospell to be deployed by CMG.
News categories: Exset, Gospell, Cable Media Group, Andrew Pons, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Pakistan, Set Top Box
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Smaller Players Gain Larger Share of Worldwide Digital STB Market
Aug 28, 2007 – The worldwide market for digital set-top boxes (STBs) experienced continued strong growth in 2006, with smaller Asian manufacturers advancing up the market share ladder. Traditional STB stalwarts still remain the worldwide leaders, but are facing increased competition from lower tier manufacturers.
News categories: Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools