Digital TV News: Gray Television
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Richmond-Petersburg, VA
Apr 11, 2022 – All seven of Richmond-Petersburg’s full power local TV stations have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WRIC-TV (ABC), WTVR-TV (CBS), WWBT (NBC), WRLH-TV (FOX), WCVE-TV and WCVW (PBS), and WUPV (CW).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
Dec 6, 2021 – TV stations in Charleston have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0. The launch includes WCHS-TV (ABC), WOWK-TV (CBS), WSAZ-TV (NBC), WQCW (CW) and WVAH-TV (Decades). BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the five stations.
News categories: Bitpath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Charlotte, NC
Jul 7, 2021 – Five local TV stations in Charlotte, NC have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are Cox Media's WAXN-TV and WSOC-TV (ABC), Nexstar's WJZY-TV (FOX), Gray Television's WBTV-TV (CBS) and TEGNA's WCNC-TV (NBC).
News categories: Pearl TV, Cox Media Group, Anne Schelle, Paul Curran, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gray Television launches its first NextGen TV station
Dec 7, 2020 – Gray Television (NYSE: GTN) launched its first NextGen TV (ATSC 3.0) station when it lit up WNXG, a low power television station in Tallahassee, Florida, using the new transmission standard.
News categories: Gray Television, David Burke, Pat LaPlatney, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Gray Television renews with Comscore for Local TV measurement
Dec 7, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a renewal and expansion agreement with Gray Television that will see Gray using Comscore’s measurement services for the vast majority of its market footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Gray Television, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Syncbak's VUit aggregates Local TV streaming content
Sep 1, 2020 – Syncbak has announced the launch of VUit, a free, ad-supported streaming service built in partnership with local television station groups. VUit aims to be the 'Netflix of Live, Local and Free'.
News categories: Syncbak, Jack Perry, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comscore announces measurement agreement with Comcast
Feb 27, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has reported results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019.The company also announced a measurement agreement with Comcast intended to improve direct measurement of television households across the U.S.
News categories: Comscore, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029