Digital TV News: HBO
HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
Oct 15, 2021 – From October 26, Telia's TV customers in the Nordics will be able to enjoy HBO Max, with HBO Nordic accounts able to be replaced with HBO Max. Telia and HBO have worked together for nearly a decade.
News categories: Telia, HBO Max, Catrin von Walden, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
Oct 12, 2021 – LG has announced that from September, support for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV will be added to its webOS platform for third party TV makers.
News categories: LG Electronics, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Roku extends TV agreement with TCL to Brazil
Sep 30, 2021 – SEMP TCL has extended its partnership with Roku to bring TCL Roku TV models to Brazil later this year, while also introducing a new lineup of SEMP Roku TV models in the country this week.
News categories: Roku, SEMP TCL, Arthur van Rest, João Rezende, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
Sep 22, 2021 – Digital TV Research has forecast that there will be 47 million SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe by 2026, more than double the 22 million seen at end-2021. Russia will then have 20 million SVOD subscriptions.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
Sep 20, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled its Roku Streaming Stick 4K, offering powerful 4K streaming in a portable form factor, and the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ which features the Roku Voice Remote Pro.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
Sep 20, 2021 – Conviva has released its State of Streaming: Content Discovery report for 2021. The report shows content streamed for the first time is discovered in four ways: word of mouth, advertising, social media and streaming service recommendations.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
Sep 15, 2021 – SmartLabs has announced that it has been chosen by Brazilian ISP Città Telecom for OTT provision and mobile applications. The solution will be used by the company's set top box customers and mobile users.
News categories: SmartLabs, Città Telecom, Eduardo Campos, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021