Digital TV News: HD Forum
HbbTV 2.0 updated for UK and Italy deployments
Apr 18, 2016 – The HbbTV Association has announced the immediate availability of HbbTV 2.0.1. This update of the 2.0 specification adds a small number of features necessary for the broad adoption of HbbTV in Italian and UK markets.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
httv implements Marlin DRM for its HbbTV 1.5 Open Middleware
Mar 19, 2013 – httv has announced that 'httvLink', its middleware for connected TV receivers, implements Intertrust's Marlin DRM for the coming HbbTV 1.5 markets. httvLink is based on open source technologies (Linux, Webkit, QT, DirectFB) and open standards (HTML5 and HbbTV).
News categories: httv, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Intertrust Demonstrates Marlin-enabled HbbTV 1.5 Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Intertrust has announced an integrated solution that unifies HbbTV and Marlin DRM technologies into a single easy to adopt technology stack for IPTV/OTT video distribution.
News categories: Intertrust, Marlin, MYTF1VOD, DRM, France, HbbTV, IBC, Streaming
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 – The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Farncombe and Digital TV Labs launch TNT 2.0 test suite for HbbTV connected TV devices
Jun 8, 2012 – Farncombe and Digital TV Labs have announced the launch of a TNT 2.0 test suite for manufacturers launching connected TV devices based on the latest version of the European Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV standard, HbbTV 1.5.
News categories: Farncombe, Digital TV Labs, HD Forum, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, France, HbbTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
HbbTV made easy with httv's HbbTV Starter Kit
Mar 15, 2012 – At this year's IP&TV World Forum, httv will release its 'HbbTV Starter Kit' testing solution for HbbTV applications. The new product supplements httv's wide HbbTV company offer. A complete platform of the standard will be showcased during the event.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
CSA authorises HbbTV trial in Auxerre
Apr 1, 2011 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has authorised an interactive DTT trial based on the HbbTV standard. The trial, co-ordinated by the HD Forum, is for a period of two months and takes place in Burgundy's Auxerre region.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, HD Forum, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community