Digital TV News: HEVC Advance
HEVC Advance announces 'Royalty Free' HEVC software
Nov 22, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced an initiative to accelerate HEVC/UHD adoption. HEVC Advance will not seek a license or royalties on HEVC functionality implemented in software downloaded to mobiles or PCs after the initial sale of the device.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MulticoreWare, Peter Moller, Tom Vaughan, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, Patent, Streaming, Worldwide
Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
Feb 3, 2016 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has decided to license its HEVC IP portfolio directly to device manufacturers rather than through the HEVC Advance patent pool in order to accelerate adoption of the standard.
News categories: Technicolor, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance begins issuing licenses
Jan 19, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has begun accepting requests for licenses to the HEVC/H.265 worldwide essential patents of its licensor companies.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Adminius, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
HEVC Advance announces revised licensing structure
Dec 18, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced an updated royalty rate structure resulting from engagement with market participants. The updates support accelerated adoption of HEVC in the marketplace for the benefit of both industry and consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Mobile, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance considering adjustments to its royalty structure
Sep 23, 2015 – In a press release announcing that MediaTek has joined the patent pool, HEVC Advance said that it is soliciting input from market participants and considering adjustments to arrive at a royalty structure that enables adoption of HEVC.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MediaTek, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces patent royalty rate schedule
Jul 22, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced several milestones to support the next generation of digital video through access to patents essential to the HEVC/H.265 standard. The milestones include the announcement of the primary royalty rate schedule for the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Gaming, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces HEVC patent pool
Mar 26, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced the formation of the HEVC Advance patent pool. Utilizing a balanced business model for HEVC IP commercialization, HEVC Advance will provide a means for accessing and licensing HEVC essential patents.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Motorola Presents the Future of the IP Connected Home at IBC2012
Sep 7, 2012 – At IBC, Motorola (NASDAQ:GOOG) is launching new IP and cable set-top technology designed to meet consumer demand for multi-screen, over-the-top (OTT) and time shift TV, while reducing energy use and maintenance.
News categories: Motorola, Steve McCaffrey, Cable TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform