Digital TV News: HKT
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, NABShow, VR
PCCW and Türk Telekom to explore joint business opportunities
May 4, 2016 – PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore service portfolio and geographic synergies between the two telecommunications companies.
News categories: PCCW Global, Türk Telekom, Marc Halbfinger, Cengiz Oztelcan, Cable TV, IPTV, Turkey
Hong Kong's now TV and Netflix announce partnership
Mar 17, 2016 – now TV and Netflix have announced a partnership that will start delivering Netflix to customers in Hong Kong through now TV's set-top boxes and the new 4K all-in-one appliance 'now one' from the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: PCCW, Netflix, now TV, Loke Kheng Tham, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
NETVIGATOR and NOW TV launch 4K all-in-one TV appliance
Mar 14, 2016 – NETVIGATOR (HKT) and NOW TV (PCCW Media) have introduced 'Now One', an integrated 4K all-in-one appliance. Now One delivers a wide range of features including 4K UHD, IPTV, DTT, OTT, PVR and Near Field Communication (NFC) in one box.
News categories: PCCW Media, HKT, NETVIGATOR, now TV, Janice Lee, Alex Arena, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
ONTAPtv OTT VOD service launches in South Africa
Sep 16, 2015 – PCCW Global has announced the launch of ONTAPtv.com, an OTT VoD entertainment service for South Africa. With a selection of à la carte content packages, the service is available either using a browser or via Android and iOS apps.
News categories: PCCW, ONTAPtv.com, Marc Halbfinger, Lindsay Servian, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, South Africa
Hong Kong Television launches OTT entertainment platform
Nov 19, 2014 – Hong Kong Television Network (HKTV) has announced OTT TV platform combining entertainment with online shopping. The service is avilable via connected devices such as smart TVs, Android TV boxes, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
News categories: Hong Kong Television, Ricky Wong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT
Thomson Portable Media Center selected by PCCW
Jun 10, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it has been selected by PCCW Hong Kong to provide a unique WiFi enabled portable device as the platform for PCCW's second generation 'eye service', a multimedia over IP to the home service.
News categories: Thomson, PCCW, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Smart Home, Tablet
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria