Digital TV News: HONOR
SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
Jul 9, 2020 – NetRange and SonyLIV have announced that Indian users of the NetRange Smart TV App Store can now access the SonyLIV app on their Smart TVs, enabling SonyLIV to expand its consumer base in India.
News categories: NetRange, SonyLIV, Tim Schröder, Apps, India, OTT, Smart TV, UX
LG Display working on stretchable displays
Jun 11, 2020 – LG Display has announced that it has been selected by South Korea’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) to lead its national project to develop stretchable displays.
News categories: LG Display, MOTIE, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Digital TV, Korea
Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
May 27, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE has received official notification that Governor Polis’ executive order designating the Colorado Convention Center as a temporary medical facility has been extended through the remainder of the year.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
May 21, 2020 – According to TrendForce, global TV shipments are expected to undergo a 5.8% decrease YoY and reach 205.21 million units in 2020. In the shrinking TV market, brands are vying for business growth by demonstrating their technical superiority.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TiVo and University of Waterloo investigate 360° video on head-mounted devices
May 14, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with the University of Waterloo that will begin with a project investigating methods to enhance the user quality-of-experience for 360° omnidirectional video on head-mounted devices.
News categories: TiVo Corp, University of Waterloo, Arvin Patel, Dave Shull, Zhou Wang, Digital TV, USA, UX, VR
News categories: Verimatrix, Jscrambler, Martin Bergenwall, Carlos Rocha Gonçalves, Apps, Content Protection, Worldwide
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
Feb 24, 2020 – Windstream has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will provide its customers with a streaming solution for both live and on-demand content. Customers can connect with either a Smart TV or a streaming device connected to the Kinetic Internet service.
News categories: Windstream, YouTube TV, Jeff Small, OTT, USA
Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
Feb 20, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a multi-year partnership with all 27 CBS Local Television Stations. Under the agreement, the stations will be continuing their use of Comscore local television and advanced automotive and political currencies.
News categories: Comscore, CBS, Advertising, Big Data, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions