Digital TV News: HONOR
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
Sep 11, 2023 – TVMonaco has chosen the OKAST streaming platform to provide a multiscreen OTT experience, as well as multiple channels for monetization and activation, content management, and rights management.
News categories: OKAST, TVMonaco, Cédric Monnier, Nathalie Biancolli, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco, Streaming
Sagemcom unveils RDK-powered Video Soundbox at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – The newest version of Sagemcom's Video Soundbox audio/video entertainment hub is powered by RDK software. Sagemcom intends to use the RDK throughout its portfolio of broadband CPE devices.
News categories: Sagemcom, Olivier Taravel, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Media Prima selects Irdeto multi-DRM and anti-piracy services
Sep 14, 2023 – Media Prima has selected Irdeto as its Multi-DRM and anti-piracy service provider, enabling it to confidently grow the user base of its Tonton streaming service, and maximize its viewership revenue.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Prima, Andrew Bunten, Gregory Eu, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, Streaming
Kaltura provides Cloud TV solution to Reshet 13 in Israel
Sep 13, 2023 – Kaltura (Nasdaq: KLTR) has announced, as part of its expanded partnership with Reshet 13, that it is powering Reshet’s full Cloud TV service, launched in just three months.
News categories: Kaltura, Reshet 13, Shuki Eytan, Tom Dan, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
ADTH begins NEXTGEN TV receiver shipments
Aug 23, 2023 – Atlanta DTH has confirmed that shipments of its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box have begun. The box allows ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN TV and ATSC 1.0 FTA TV programs to be viewed on any IP-compatible TV display.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Ivy Shou, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. home entertainment spending topped $20 billion in H1 2023
Aug 18, 2023 – According to DEG, U.S. consumers spent $20.5 billion on movies and TV shows in the first six months of 2023, up 14.7% from the $17.9 billion spent in the first six months of 2022.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Vegas Golden Knights partners with ViewLift for sports streaming
Aug 21, 2023 – Vegas Golden Knights has partnered with ViewLift to stream all locally-broadcast Vegas Golden Knights games live on major devices, reaching NHL fans in Nevada and surrounding states.
News categories: ViewLift, Vegas Golden Knights, Rick Allen, Kerry Bubolz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Bitmovin playback analytics complement Amazon IVS metrics
Jul 19, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced Bitmovin Analytics, offering playback health analytics to complement the existing analytics available with Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS).
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Services, Stefan Lederer, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set