Digital TV News: Haivision
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
Jul 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Brightcove, Harmonic, Limelight and Perform Group.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Haivision and Wowza form SRT Alliance video streaming initiative
Apr 24, 2017 – Wowza Media and Haivision have announced the founding of the SRT Alliance and the open source availability of SRT, a video transport protocol to enable the delivery of secure, low-latency video across the public internet.
News categories: Wowza Media, Haivision, SRT Alliance, Charlie Good, Peter Maag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HaiVision and Zixi Transmit First Low-Latency HD (1080i) Over Public Internet
Feb 11, 2009 – HaiVision Systems and Zixi have announced the first successful broadcast of live HD video over the public Internet. The broadcasts were transmitted from the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) in New York City.
News categories: HaiVision, Zixi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data