Digital TV News: Harris Broadcast
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Harris Helps Belo Corp. Launch Mobile Digital TV Broadcasting
Apr 21, 2010 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) is launching mobile digital TV transmission in the U.S.A. using the Harris MPH™ platform for ATSC Mobile DTV broadcast.
News categories: Harris, Belo Corp, Roundbox, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Sezmi Completes Personal Television System Trial
Nov 13, 2008 – Sezmi has announced the conclusion of technical trials for its new television service, marking a significant milestone in the company's breakthrough efforts to dramatically improve the way consumers experience television and internet video.
News categories: Sezmi, Harris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Grupo Televisa Successfully Completes Mobile DTV Test in Mexico
Aug 28, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Grupo Televisa (Mexico:TLEVISACPO; NYSE:TV) recently successfully completed mobile digital television (DTV) broadcast field tests in Mexico.
News categories: Harris, Televisa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile
WRAL to Broadcast Local Mobile Digital TV Signals
Jul 23, 2008 – Digital television pioneer WRAL and the CBC New Media Group are sponsoring North Carolina's first field test of mobile digital television (DTV) technology in the Raleigh-Durham television market.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Harris Corporation's New Mobile TV Platform Chosen by Albavision for Broadcast Operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica
Jun 30, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has signed an agreement with Albavision (Angel Gonzalez Group) to implement the recently introduced Harris full mobile digital TV transmission platform for broadcast operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica.
News categories: Harris, REPRETEL, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Guatemala, Mobile
Harris Corporation to Jumpstart Mobile TV Transition with First Transmission Solution for New ATSC Mobile Handheld Proposal
May 14, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) has announced that it will introduce the first full mobile digital TV transmission platform to meet the new Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) solution that was proposed today by LG Electronics and Samsung.
News categories: Harris, Content Distribution, Mobile, USA
EXPWAY Electronic Service Guide Technology Further Enhances Capabilities of LG Electronics-Harris MPH Mobile DTV System
Apr 13, 2008 – Harris (NYSE:HRS), LG (Seoul:066570) and Zenith, co-developers of MPH™ (Mobile-Pedestrian-Handheld) in-band mobile digital television (DTV), have implemented the Electronic Service Guide (ESG) platform from EXPWAY into the MPH system.
News categories: EXPWAY, LG Electronics, Harris Corporation, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Portable, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers