Digital TV News: HbbTV Association
Telecentras and LG to introduce HbbTV for Smart TVs in Lithuania
Apr 18, 2019 – The Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre (Telecentras) and LG Electronics have agreed a cooperation aimed at introducing HbbTV intended for smart TVs. The launch of HbbTV in Lithuania is scheduled for the first half of this year.
News categories: Telecentras, LG Electronics, Remigijus Šeris, Digital TV, HbbTV, Lithuania, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HbbTV releases Version 2019-1 of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite
Apr 8, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of a new HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. Version v2019-1 is the first one to cover the UHD (Ultra HD) and NGA (Next Generation Audio) features included in the latest version of the specification (HbbTV 2.0.2).
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche TV-Plattform publishes requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals in Germany
Mar 27, 2019 – Deutsche TV-Plattform has published minimum requirements for HbbTV 2 terminals for the German market. The specification defines the required technical profile for a range of new services planned by TV channels in Germany starting in the second half of 2019.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
Mar 20, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has welcomed Panasonic's deployment of the HbbTV OpApp. The OpApp enables users to access the TV service of HD+ on any 2019 Panasonic OLED UHD smart TV sold in Germany, without the need for any additional hardware or smartcard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Panasonic, HD+, Vincent Grivet, Kai Hillebrandt, Alexander Sacher, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Sofia Digital showcases HbbTV OpApp at HbbTV Symposium
Nov 19, 2018 – At the 7th HbbTV Symposium and Awards 2018, Sofia Digital partnered with SERAPHIC and Panasonic to show an OpApp demo. The demo was displayed on a Panasonic Smart TV and on Skyworth Digital’s OpApp-compliant STB.
News categories: Sofia Digital, SERAPHIC, Mika Kanerva, Xinwen Xue, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
Nov 12, 2018 – DVB has collaborated with the HbbTV Association to create a DASH validation tool. The tool checks ISO/IEC 23009-1 MPEG-DASH media presentation descriptions (MPDs) and segments to ensure conformance with DASH-related specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
News categories: DVB Project, HbbTV Association, Peter MacAvock, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Arçelik partners with SERAPHIC to launch OpApp smart TVs
Sep 15, 2018 – Arçelik, owner of the Grundig brand, has selected SERAPHIC as its OpApp provider for Grundig smart TVs, which will go to the market by the end of 2018. The OpApp solution leverages SERAPHIC's mature Sraf HbbTV architecture and deployment experience.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Arçelik, Xinwen Xue, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2020, Smart TV
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free