Digital TV News: HbbTV Consortium
DTVKit selects Voxtok HbbTV SDK
Sep 2, 2016 – Voxtok has announced that DTVKit, the independent non-profit shared-software organization specializing in TV receiver firmware components, is adopting its HbbTV SDK and joining the Voxtok Music ecosystem.
News categories: Voxtok, DTVKit, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Voxtok releases open-source royalty-free HbbTV SDK
Apr 12, 2016 – Voxtok has launched voxtok.org, a portal dedicated to its open-source software, and has released its first private project: HbbTV SDK. Voxtok HbbTV SDK is the first up-to-date royalty-free HbbTV open-source implementation.
News categories: Voxtok, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, Streaming
Digital TV Labs launches first official HbbTV logo conformance service
Jul 8, 2013 – Digital TV Labs has announced a conformance testing service for the new HbbTV logo program for hybrid devices. As the first HbbTV Registered Test Centre, the company will deliver the official HbbTV test report required by manufacturers to license the logo.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Digital TV Labs is first official HbbTV test centre
Nov 15, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is the first HbbTV test centre officially registered by the HbbTV Consortium. The Consortium announced the release of the official HbbTV 1.1.1 Test Suite in August this year, key to HbbTV certification.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Vestel and Opera bring web to TVs and set-top boxes
Sep 5, 2012 – Opera Software and Vestel have announced their partnership to deliver Opera's TV products on Vestel Smart TVs and set-top boxes. Vestel devices powered by Opera's ultimate web experience will ship globally later this year.
News categories: Opera Software, Vestel, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers