Digital TV News: HbbTV Consortium
DTVKit selects Voxtok HbbTV SDK
Sep 2, 2016 – Voxtok has announced that DTVKit, the independent non-profit shared-software organization specializing in TV receiver firmware components, is adopting its HbbTV SDK and joining the Voxtok Music ecosystem.
News categories: Voxtok, DTVKit, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Voxtok releases open-source royalty-free HbbTV SDK
Apr 12, 2016 – Voxtok has launched voxtok.org, a portal dedicated to its open-source software, and has released its first private project: HbbTV SDK. Voxtok HbbTV SDK is the first up-to-date royalty-free HbbTV open-source implementation.
News categories: Voxtok, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, Streaming
Digital TV Labs launches first official HbbTV logo conformance service
Jul 8, 2013 – Digital TV Labs has announced a conformance testing service for the new HbbTV logo program for hybrid devices. As the first HbbTV Registered Test Centre, the company will deliver the official HbbTV test report required by manufacturers to license the logo.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Digital TV Labs is first official HbbTV test centre
Nov 15, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is the first HbbTV test centre officially registered by the HbbTV Consortium. The Consortium announced the release of the official HbbTV 1.1.1 Test Suite in August this year, key to HbbTV certification.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Vestel and Opera bring web to TVs and set-top boxes
Sep 5, 2012 – Opera Software and Vestel have announced their partnership to deliver Opera's TV products on Vestel Smart TVs and set-top boxes. Vestel devices powered by Opera's ultimate web experience will ship globally later this year.
News categories: Opera Software, Vestel, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes