Digital TV News: HbbTV consortium
Digital TV Labs' Ligada test tool facilitates Opera HbbTV browser integration
Oct 11, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is working closely with Opera, the globally renowned browser supplier, to provide CE manufacturers with a swift and easy integration of the company's new HbbTV-ready browser technology.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Opera Software, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital TV Labs automates HbbTV consortium test suite with Ligada iSuite
Sep 9, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has further advanced the world of HbbTV conformance testing by announcing a reduction in test time via automating key functionality within its Ligada iSuite.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, IBC2022
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2022, Spain
S&T demonstrates HbbTV receiver and carousel playout systems at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – As HbbTV gathers momentum with a growing number of deployments across Europe, S&T has enhanced its interactive TV product range for both broadcasters and receiver manufacturers with HbbTV-conformant technologies and products.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, HbbTV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital TV Labs announces HbbTV compliance test suite and services
May 3, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced at ANGA 2011 the launch of an HbbTV test suite, designed to provide core conformance and interoperability testing for manufacturers until a full HbbTV compliance regime is in place.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, ANGA COM, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Trident and Opera Bring an HbbTV-Compliant Browser Solution to the Set-Top Box Platform
Sep 10, 2010 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ:TRID) has announced that it has been working closely with Opera to deliver a Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV)-compliant browser solution on its PNX84xx-family of system-on-chip solutions.
News categories: Trident Microsystems, Opera Software, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
S&T adds HbbTV from ACCESS to RedKey™ 2
Aug 10, 2010 – S&T has signed a licensing agreement with ACCESS Systems to re-distribute ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser and associated HbbTV extensions. The agreement enables S&T to offer a complete HbbTV solution suitable for integration with any digital TV receiver.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS CO, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HbbTV Specification Approved by ETSI
Jul 1, 2010 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced the approval of version 1.1.1 of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV specification by European standards agency ETSI.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads