Digital TV News: Hewlett-Packard
LG unveils webOS Smart TV platform
Jan 6, 2014 – LG Electronics has unveiled its newest Smart TV platform at CES in Las Vegas. webOS, which was purchased from Hewlett-Packard in March last year, has been reinvented and reintroduced as LG's new Smart TV platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, In-kyu Lee, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Global Market for PC-TV Tuners to Reach US$2.6 Billion by 2018
Jul 18, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on PC-TV Tuners markets. The world market for PC-TV Tuners resurged following a brief recessionary lull, with revenues expected to reach US$2.6 billion through 2018.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Metaverse, Patent
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2023, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Western Digital, Iomega and Hewlett Packard Make Major Moves in Consumer Network Storage Market Share
Mar 3, 2009 – As growth slows in the consumer network storage market, competitors are jockeying for market share, reports In-Stat. Western Digital, Iomega and HP each made major upward moves in 2008. Meanwhile, Buffalo Technologies continues to hold the top spot.
News categories: In-Stat, Home Server, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart Home
Game Consoles are Most Connected Current Consumer Electronics (CE) Device
Feb 4, 2009 – Those that have permanent connections between their CE devices and their home networks most commonly connect their game console. As more connected CE devices become available, In-Stat expects Blu-ray DVD players/recorders to lead client growth.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
DVI on the Decline as HDMI and Displayport Grow
Jan 28, 2008 – DVI, facing strong competition from other technologies, including HDMI and the DisplayPort standard in the PC market, will begin a steep decline in 2008, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
More Than 100,000 Customers Choose AT&T U-verse Over Cable
Sep 5, 2007 – AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) has announced that AT&T U-verse TV has surpassed 100,000 customers, marking another significant milestone for the nation's largest deployment of Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service.
News categories: AT&T, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Subscribers, USA
CES 2007 Vendors Spotlight Wireless HDTV Televisions Powered by Sigma Designs
Jan 8, 2007 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) has announced that several high definition televisions being demonstrated at this week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2007) are powered by Sigma media processors.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Hewlett-Packard, Pioneer, Sampo, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution