Digital TV News: HiSilicon
Justek selects iWedia for Android 5.1 Hybrid UHD STB with HbbTV 2.0
Sep 13, 2016 – iWedia has announced that it has been selected by Shenzhen-based STB manufacturer Justek Technology to provide the HbbTV 2.0 browser for its Android 5.1 hybrid UHD set-top box.
News categories: iWedia, Justek, Hervé Creff, George Liao, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box
iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 for Android TV ported to latest HiSilicon STB SoCs
Sep 10, 2016 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV STB is available for the latest family of STB chipsets from HiSilicon.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, Liu Zhiyang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
iWedia Teatro-3.0 STB software now available on HiSilicon SoCs
Apr 26, 2016 – iWedia has announced that its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 STB software solution is available for the latest HiSilicon’s family of Systems-on-Chip (SoC) for connected STB.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Sunghoon Kim, Liu Zhiyang, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Verimatrix unveils UHD chipset certification program
Apr 12, 2016 – Verimatrix has introduced ViewRight client security certification for Ultra UD chipsets. Ultra Security certification ensures chipsets and devices can support ViewRight software security implementations that meet ultra HD (UHD) content guidelines.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia integrates HbbTV software on FHD/UHD HEVC STB SoC from HiSilicon
Sep 11, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has integrated its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 software solution for hybrid (DVB+IP) Set-Top Box (STB) featuring HbbTV on top of the Hi3798/Hi3796 family of connected FHD/UHD HEVC STB SoCs from HiSilicon.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Giora Golan, Liu Zhiyan, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HiSilicon to add Dolby Vision HDR to Ultra HD chipsets
Sep 3, 2015 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and HiSilicon have announced a collaboration to offer Dolby Vision 4K SoC technologies for Ultra HD on HiSilicon's Hi3798C V200 STB chipset - the first such chipset to support Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HiSilicon, Dolby, Qiu Gang, Giles Baker, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
HiSilicon integrates Verimatrix security and watermarking for UHD
Sep 2, 2015 – HiSilicon has announced that it has integrated Verimatrix Advanced Security on its Hi3798/Hi3796 family of chipsets. HiSilicon is collaborating with Verimatrix to offer security and watermarking on ultra HD (UHD) and Android set-top boxes.
News categories: HiSilicon, Verimatrix, Qiu Gang, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Taiwanese silicon vendors dominate market for 4K TV chipsets
Jul 2, 2015 – Taiwanese silicon vendors currently dominate the market for 4k TV chipsets but their position is being challenged by a number of fabless semiconductor vendors across North America and China, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement