Digital TV News: Hisense
Tubi available on Playstation 5 at launch
Nov 9, 2020 – Tubi has been named a launch partner for the PlayStation 5. Viewers will have access to Tubi’s library of movies and TV series via direct integration in the PS5 search interface, and a Tubi featured row that will be available on the video home screen.
News categories: Tubi, Playstation, Andrea Clarke-Hall, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
LCD TV makers plan aggressive TV display purchasing for 2021
Oct 27, 2020 – According to Omdia, total LCD TV panel shipments are set to decline by 6% in 2021. However, the global top 15 TV brands want to grow their LCD TV shipments to new highs, up 9% YoY, if they are able to secure panel supply.
News categories: Omdia, Deborah Yang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Record single-quarter TV shipments in 3Q 2020
Oct 8, 2020 – A 20% increase in TV demand in North America, as well as deferred shipments from 1H20 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, added to the third-quarter cyclical upturn, according to TrendForce.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
Sep 29, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of Zapi, an OTT-based Pay TV platform from Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores (PMO) in Spain. The service is based on Mirada's Iris with its custom launcher for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Mirada, Plataforma Multimedia de Operadores, José Luis Vázquez, José Carrillo, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming, UX
rlaxx TV launches on Smart TVs in Germany and UK
Sep 8, 2020 – rlaxx TV is available in Germany and the UK on smart TVs by Blaupunkt, Hisense, Hitachi, JVC, Medion, Metz, Sharp, Telefunken, Toshiba and Vestel. The content offer is free of charge for viewers.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Dirk Wittenborg, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
44.8 million Smart TVs to be shipped to China in 2020
Aug 27, 2020 – IDC estimates that 44.8 million smart TVs will be shipped to China in 2020 – down 4.4% on last year. However, IDC believes improvements in features will grow Smart TV consumption in the country.
News categories: IDC, Sophie Pan, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Smart TV
TV panel price upswing continues in August
Aug 20, 2020 – TV panel prices have been maintaining their upswing in August, with 55" panels and 32" panels each registering price hikes of about 10%, according to TrendForce. The panel industry is projected to see a significant improvement in profitability in 3Q20.
News categories: TrendForce, Eric Chiou, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
Aug 4, 2020 – Entercom, home of RADIO.COM, has announced a partnership with Vewd to expand its smart TV footprint. With Vewd, tens of millions of smart TVs, including Sony, Philips and Hisense, will gain access to RADIO.COM.
News categories: Entercom, Vewd, David Rosenbloom, Michael Winneker, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil