Digital TV News: Hughes
EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite goes live at 65° West
May 2, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite is now fully powered up and ready for service across Brazil and Latin America. The satellite inaugurates Eutelsat’s presence at 65°W, a premier location for broadcasting in Brazil.
News categories: Eutelsat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
EchoStar launches SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system
Mar 7, 2016 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of its new SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system. SAGE is a security and smart home solution that can be controlled from the TV and an app on iOS or Android mobile devices.
News categories: EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smartphone, USA
EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
Feb 8, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite arrived in Kourou on 6 February and is on track for launch on 9 March by an Ariane rocket. Lift-off of the 6.5 tonne satellite is scheduled on 9 March.
News categories: Eutelsat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Satellite
Entone, Etex and i-Velozity offer turnkey Hybrid CATV solution
Oct 14, 2014 – Entone has announced that it has partnered with Etex and i-Velozity to offer a Hybrid CATV solution. The solution includes Entone’s hybrid QAM/IP devices, Etex’s hosted middleware and CAS/DRM service, and a VOD library from i-Velozity.
News categories: Entone, Etex, Bill Hughes, Larry Montgomery, Jeff Young, i-Velozity, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
TVersity selects AppCarousel to deliver HTML5 TV App platform via the Cloud
Sep 10, 2014 – AppCarousel has announced that it has partnered with TVersity to deliver an HTML5 app platform via the cloud for set-top boxes and smart TVs.
News categories: AppCarousel, TVersity, Terry Hughes, Ronen Mizrahi, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Three River selects Entone Hybrid CATV solution
Jul 29, 2014 – Entone has announced that Three River Telco has selected its Hybrid CATV solution to power their Pay TV service. Three River offers voice, video, and broadband services in Northern Nebraska over their HFC network.
News categories: Entone, Three River, Neil Classen, Bill Hughes, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
WebTuner delivers Live TV, On Demand and Streaming Video via the Internet
Apr 7, 2014 – WebTuner has announced a platform offering access to live TV, on demand and streaming video via broadband. WebTuner satisfies consumer demand for choice as well as MVPD requirements for control.
News categories: WebTuner, Bernee Strom, Rich Fickle, Eduard Zaslavsky, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Network adds 1,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 21, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported 2013 results. DISH ended 2013 with approximately 14.057 million pay-TV subscribers compared with approximately 14.056 million at the end of 2012.
News categories: DISH Network, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Wales becomes UK's first digital nation
Mar 31, 2010 – Wales has become the UK's first digital nation as the final analogue TV signals around Cardiff were switched off for good, signalling the dawn of an all-digital era for the country.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying