Digital TV News: Hulu
Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
Dec 5, 2022 – Veira Group has begun production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs. With the rollout of the webOS Hub ecosystem, Veira aims to manufacture over 100,000 Smart TVs based on LG's OS for brands in India.
News categories: Veira Group, Sharan Maini, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, TV OS
Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
Dec 2, 2022 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 U.S. subscription OTT video services. This is the first time in the history of the annual report that Netflix is not in the top spot.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
Nov 23, 2022 – Pixalate has released its October 2022 Publisher Trust Index (PTI). The report provides a perspective regarding the quality of CTV apps supporting programmatic advertising with rankings broken down by region, country, category, and app store.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
Nov 22, 2022 – Accedo has worked with Janson Media to deploy its new media streaming service, JANSON TV. The service is powered by Accedo One, Accedo’s SaaS platform for white-label OTT multi-screen video services.
News categories: Accedo, Janson Media, Fredrik Andersson, Jesse Janson, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
Nov 21, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global AVOD revenues for TV series and movies will reach $91 billion in 2028, up from $38 billion in 2022. The top 10 countries will represent 81% of the world’s total by 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. TV usage rose again in October
Nov 17, 2022 – According to Nielsen, time spent watching TV in the U.S. climbed for the second consecutive month in October. The 2.2% monthly increase in TV consumption was underpinned by a nearly 10% jump in broadcast viewing compared to September.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 785,000 subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 14, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 785,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 650,000 in 3Q 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update