Digital TV News: Hwacom
Envivio powers Chunghwa Telecom 4K HEVC trial
Feb 5, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected Envivio video solutions for its 4K HEVC streaming service trial. In the trial, Envivio is using its Muse Ultra HD software to support two modes of 4K HEVC delivery to a wide range of devices for Chunghwa.
News categories: Envivio, HwaCom, Chunghwa Telecom, Carl Hurd, Alex Huang, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
Nov 21, 2014 – According to a Digitimes report, ChungHwa Telecom (CHT) is planning the launch of an OTT version of its Multimedia On Demand (MOD) IPTV service, possibly by the end of this year.
News categories: ChungHwa Telecom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
Aug 27, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that Chunghwa Telecom has selected its server and CDN manager solutions to power a trial 4K HEVC streaming service in Taiwan. Broadpeak and HwaCom will demonstrate the solution at IBC2014.
News categories: Broadpeak, Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, JH Lin, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Taiwan
Espial MediaBase Powers VOD Services for Taiwan's Largest CATV Operator
Oct 9, 2012 – Espial has announced the installation of the Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform at KBRO, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators. Espial MediaBase will be installed and integrated at KBRO by Hwacom.
News categories: Espial, KBRO, Hwacom, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom to buy 200,000 IPTV set-top boxes
Jul 2, 2010 – Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT) has announced the results of its tender to purchase 200,000 set-top boxes for its Multimedia-On-Demand (MOD) IPTV service in Taiwan.
News categories: Chunghwa Telecom, HwaCom, DinYen, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
ANT Hits 10 Million Deployed Units
Mar 25, 2009 – ANT (London: ANTP) has announced at IPTV World Forum that it has surpassed 10 million units deployed worldwide. The figures reveal that ANT Fresco and ANT Galio are among the most widely deployed IPTV platforms in the world.
News categories: ANT plc, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Video Exchange
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil