Digital TV News: IDC
Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
Oct 11, 2019 – Consumer spending on technology is forecast to reach $1.69 trillion in 2019, an increase of 5.3% over 2018, according to IDC. Consumer purchases of traditional and emerging technologies will remain strong over the 2019-2023 forecast period.
News categories: IDC, Stacey Soohoo, Ramon T. Llamas, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Smart home devices to maintain steady growth through 2023
Sep 23, 2019 – The worldwide market for smart home devices is expected to grow 23.5% YoY in 2019 to nearly 815 million device shipments, according to IDC. Shipments are forecast to be more than 1.39 billion in 2023 giving a CAGR of 14.4%.
News categories: IDC, Adam Wight, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Google leads European Smart Home market in 1Q19
Jul 1, 2019 – In the first quarter of this year, the smart home market in Europe grew 23.9%, reaching 21.3 million units shipped to the region, according to IDC. Video entertainment devices shipped 12.7 million units in 1Q19, increasing 11.2% annually.
News categories: IDC, Antonio Arantes, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
AR/VR headsets return to growth in Q1
Jun 26, 2019 – The worldwide AR and VR headset market returned to growth after a year of decline as global shipments during the first quarter of 2019 (1Q19) reached 1.3 million, up 27.2% from the same quarter last year, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Growing acceptance of Smart Home devices
Jun 25, 2019 – Global shipments for smart home devices reached 168.6 million in the first quarter of 2019 (1Q19), up 37.3% from the previous year, according to IDC. This growth was driven by the growing acceptance of connected devices within the home.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Adam Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Commercial and Public Sector investments to drive AR/VR spending
Jun 4, 2019 – Worldwide spending on augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) is forecast to reach $160 billion in 2023, up significantly from the $16.8 billion forecast for 2019. According to IDC, the five-year CAGR for AR/VR spending will be 78.3%.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Marcus Torchia, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
May 15, 2019 – After three consecutive years of growth, with year-over-year growth of 13.2% in 2018, the latest update from IDC forecasts that worldwide semiconductor revenue will decline to $440 billion in 2019, down 7.2% from $474 billion in 2018.
News categories: IDC, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on telecoms and pay TV totaled $1,615 billion in 2018
May 10, 2019 – Worldwide spending on telecom services and pay TV services totaled $1,615 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.8% year over year, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to reach $1,657 billion in 2023.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Consumer spending on technology to reach $1.3 trillion in 2019
May 9, 2019 – Consumer spending on technology is forecast to reach $1.32 trillion in 2019, an increase of 3.5% over 2018. According to IDC, consumer purchases of traditional and emerging technologies will remain strong over the 2018-2022 forecast period.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Jessica Goepfert, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden