Digital TV News: IEEE
IEEE publishes standard for Coexistence in the TV White Space
Sep 17, 2014 – IEEE and the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) have announced the availability of the IEEE 802.19.1 'Standard for TV White Space (TVWS) Coexistence Methods'.
News categories: IEEE, Steve Shellhammer, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Allegro DVT showcases HEVC/H.265 video encoder IP at IBC 2014
Sep 9, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Allegro DVT will perform a live demonstration of its HEVC/H.265 encoder IP core. The demonstration will be conducted on a prototyping platform, demonstrating the features and video quality of the IP.
News categories: Allegro DVT, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Sony introduces PlayStation TV for North America, Europe and PAL regions
Jun 10, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment has introduced PlayStation®TV (PS TV), an affordable entertainment system that will enable users to easily enjoy various game content and PlayStation®4 (PS4™) remote play on their TV at home.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, North America, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadcom 5G WiFi chip in new Xiaomi 4K Smart TV
May 22, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its 2X2 MIMO 5G WiFi combo chip is the technology behind the latest smart 4K Mi TV2 from leading Chinese innovator Xiaomi.
News categories: Broadcom, Xiaomi, Dai QingSong, Alex Chou, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
Mar 10, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by Middle-Eastern Pay TV provider, beIN SPORTS, to supply Home Media Servers and High Definition set-top boxes .
News categories: Pace plc, beIN SPORTS, Roger Hall, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, Home Server, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
STMicroelectronics introduces Smart Home software platform
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced its Smart Home software platform. ST Smart Home will power set-top boxes capable of managing home energy, automation and security systems in addition to providing access to multimedia content.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom showcases set-top box innovations at CSTB Moscow
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) is showcasing its latest generation of cable, satellite, IP and terrestrial TV solutions at the CSTB Exhibition and Forum, the premier broadcasting and telecommunications event in Russia.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Launches First 5G WiFi Wireless IPTV Set-top Box Platform
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 5G WiFi Connected IPTV Set-top Box (STB) platform. Supporting the latest IEEE 802.11.ac standard, Broadcom's 5G WiFi technology is now available paired with its IP STB system-on-a-chip technology.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2023, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadcom Drives Future Growth of China's Next Generation Broadband Initiative
Oct 31, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced cable innovations to drive new TV and broadband experiences in China, fueling the next phase of next generation broadband (NGB).
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, China, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion