Digital TV News: IHS
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
Apr 18, 2019 – In 2018, demand for flat panel displays grew in double digits at 10.5% YoY to 221 million square meters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Demand for OLED TV panels increased by 65.6% YoY reaching 3 million square meters.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
5G market set to boom - but clarity is needed, IHS Markit says
Apr 11, 2019 – The stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: a technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
News categories: IHS Markit, Francis Sideco, 5G, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
Intel passes Samsung in semiconductor sales in 4Q 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers has led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Ron Ellwanger, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
World Cup pushes global TV shipments to 221 Million units in 2018
Mar 7, 2019 – The global TV market grew 2.9% in 2018, reaching 221 million units, due to a surge in the first half as many consumers upgraded their TVs to watch the Football World Cup. Shipments of richly featured TV sets continued to grow, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Large Flat Panel Display supply and demand expected to tighten by Q3 2019
Mar 4, 2019 – The large flat-panel display (FPD) market, which is currently experiencing oversupply, is expected to move towards a more balanced and even tight market by the third quarter of 2019, albeit briefly, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Charles Annis, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
Feb 21, 2019 – New direct-to-consumer online video subscription services have the potential to add 53 million paying subscriptions to the U.S. market by 2023, effectively growing the total number of subscribers by 25%, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Dan Cryan, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC21, Smart Home, UK, USA
Large TFT LCD panel shipments grew in 2018 despite market concerns
Jan 23, 2019 – Shipments of large TFT LCD panels rose again in 2018 despite concerns about oversupply. Area shipments increased by 10.6% to 197.9 million m² compared to the previous year, driven by TV and monitor panels, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, IHS Markit, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Tablet, Worldwide
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion