Digital TV News: IHS Inc
TV shipments decline, despite 4K TV growth
Mar 2, 2016 – Total annual TV shipments fell to 226 million units in 2015, a 4 percent year-over-year decline, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Plasma and CRT shipments have fallen to negligible levels.
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Downturn in video spending correlates with Netflix availability
Feb 24, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its report measuring spend on movies and TV shows. According to the report, there is a clear correlation between the launch of Netflix and a decline in video spending.
News categories: IHS Inc, Helen Davis Jayalath, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, USA, Worldwide
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
>50% Smart TV penetration in major TV markets by 2019
Feb 1, 2016 – By 2019, more than 50% of TV households in Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany will have smart TVs, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Smart TV household penetration in Japan has already reached 50%.
News categories: IHS Inc, Hisakazu Torii, Asia, Brazil, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
One-third of US households will have 4K TVs in 2019
Dec 10, 2015 – By the end of 2017, most 50-inch-and-larger TVs worldwide will feature 4K resolution, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). With its comparatively strong economy and consumer penchant for large-screen TVs, 4K TV household penetration in the United States will reach 34 percent in 2019.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
UHD LCD TV panels to exceed 40 percent of total shipment area in 2016
Nov 4, 2015 – Despite overall sluggishness in liquid crystal display (LCD) TV sales, year-over-year unit shipments of UHD TV panels are forecast to double in 2015, topping 40 million units, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV channels go direct to consumers to tap SVOD revenue
Oct 26, 2015 – The traditional TV channels business is entering a period of flux, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Direct to Consumer (D2C) offerings are emerging as key new services for traditional channels, spurred by the growing popularity of Netflix.
News categories: IHS Inc, Ted Hall, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, UK, Worldwide
HDR TV shipments to exceed 32 million in 2019
Oct 20, 2015 – High dynamic range (HDR) TV sets, offering enhanced brightness for a broader palette of light outputs and sparkling highlights, will soon be commonplace in the global ultra-high-definition (UHD) TV market, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
New color technology to comprise 25% of display shipment area in 2020
Sep 21, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), in terms of area wide color gamut flat panel displays are expected to grow from 3% in 2015 to 25% of the display market by 2020, with TV displays making up 52% of sales in 2015 and 86% in 2020.
News categories: IHS Inc, Richard Son, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data