Digital TV News: IHS Inc
Online video revenue booming in Europe
Sep 16, 2015 – A new study from IHS (NYSE: IHS) and SpotX has found that revenue across Europe from online video jumped from €22 million in 2012 to €375 million in 2015. IHS forecasts that over half of all online video advertising revenue will be generated programmatically by 2020.
News categories: IHS Inc, SpotX, Daniel Knapp, Eleni Marouli, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Italy, Market Research, Streaming
TV shipments post largest annual decline in five years
Sep 10, 2015 – Global TV shipments declined 8 percent, year over year, to 48 million units in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, after a year of quarterly year-over-year growth in 2014, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
Sep 1, 2015 – Validating industry cord-cutting fears, in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015, pay TV companies in the United States posted their worst ever quarterly video subscriber losses, shedding 658,450 subscribers, according to IHS (NYSE:IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Erik Brannon, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Virtual Reality Gaming, Smart TVs and Wearables lead to rise in Gesture Sensing Control shipments
Aug 10, 2015 – With emerging virtual reality games, smartwatches, smart TVs and other CE and IT applications entering the market, shipments of gesture sensing control user interfaces are poised to grow 10 percent year over year, to reach 1.8 billion units in 2015.
News categories: IHS Inc, Calvin Hsieh, Market Research, Smart TV, VR, Worldwide
Flat Panel Display revenues forecast to fall in 2015
Jul 28, 2015 – Led by declining thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal display (TFT LCD) revenues, global flat panel display (FPD) industry revenue is forecast to fall 2 percent, from $131.4 billion in 2014 to $129 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, David Hsieh, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K TV shipments to approach one million units in 2019
Jul 13, 2015 – The advent of 8K broadcasting in Japan for the 2020 Olympics is expected to spur a new round of resolution increases, even though shipments have not yet started in serious commercial volumes, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
Jun 29, 2015 – Pay TV operators purchased $15.3 billion worth of set-top boxes (STBs) in 2014, down from $15.9 billion in 2013. This decline represents the first contraction in the market since 2002, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Daniel Simmons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
4K TV panel shipments reach monthly record of 3 million units
Jun 15, 2015 – Shipments of 4K TV panels in April 2015 exceeded 3 million units for the first time, comprising 14 percent of all TV panels shipped globally during the month, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Of all TV panels forecast to ship in 2016, one in five is forecast to be a 4K TV panel.
News categories: IHS, Linda Lin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor