Digital TV News: IIS
MainConcept and Fraunhofer show VVC with MPEG-H Audio for SBTVD TV 3.0
Aug 18, 2022 – MainConcept and Fraunhofer IIS have collaborated on digital video and audio technology. At SET Expo in Brazil, the two companies have prepared demonstrations combining VVC video and MPEG-H Audio, adhering to the SBTVD TV 3.0 Standard.
News categories: MainConcept, Fraunhofer IIS, Thomas Kramer, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Netflix now streaming xHE-AAC audio on Android mobile
Jan 12, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS has announced that Netflix is now using the xHE-AAC audio codec. Netflix has licensed Fraunhofer’s xHE-AAC software and is using it to encode its entire catalog.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Netflix, Bernhard Grill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung
Jul 29, 2020 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to Samsung, allowing Samsung to manufacture products that feature MPEG-H Audio. MPEG-H Audio is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB as well as mobile standard 3GPP.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Samsung, Stefan Geyersberger, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
May 21, 2019 – Fraunhofer IIS has licensed its MPEG-H Audio patents to LG Electronics, allowing LG to produce products based on the standard. The MPEG-H Audio system is specified in TV broadcast standards such as ATSC 3.0 and DVB.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG Electronics, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December