Digital TV News: IMAX
Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
Sep 23, 2021 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vestel has gained DTS:X certification for their new range of TVs. DTS:X for TV is an immersive audio solution designed for single and dual-core TV SoC architectures.
News categories: DTS, Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Media Player, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
May 20, 2019 – Sony Europe has announced the pricing and availability of its MASTER Series ZG9 8K HDR Full Array LED TVs. The MASTER Series TVs feature Netflix Calibrated Mode and IMAX Enhanced to ensure that content is delivered as intended.
News categories: Sony Europe, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Universal unveils first 4K Ultra HD offerings
Apr 19, 2016 – Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) has announced plans to release a broad selection of films in 4K Ultra HD, the home entertainment industry's next-generation physical and digital viewing format.
News categories: Universal Pictures, Eddie Cunningham, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
Etisalat to launch MEA's first 4K Ultra HD TV service with Huawei
Dec 29, 2015 – Huawei has announced that it has partnered with Etisalat to introduce the first 4K Ultra HD TV service in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), which will be available to Etisalat’s eLife customers in the UAE starting first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Huawei, Etisalat, Peng Xiongji, Rashed Al Abbar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE
Comcast to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
May 6, 2015 – Comcast has announced that it will launch a 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) set-top box later this year. The Xi4 will enable X1 customers to enjoy virtual 4K linear channels by creating personalized playlists from the Xfinity in UHD library.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Hisense TVs to feature NanoTech's UltraFlix 4K streaming app
Jan 7, 2015 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Hisense. Under the agreement, NanoTech's all 4K UltraFlix Network App will be bundled with Hisense's 4K Ultra HD TV product line.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, Hisense, Aaron Taylor, Erin Magee, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform