Digital TV News: IMDb
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
iKO Media Group launches iKOGUIDE TV guide editor
May 10, 2023 – iKO Media has launched iKOGUIDE, its TV guide editor. iKOGUIDE provides TV channels with an easy-to-use solution for managing, customizing, enhancing and enriching their TV guides and their TV channel.
News categories: iKO Media, Sharon Malkiel, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming, UX
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
IMDb, Fabric, and AWS team up to deliver IMDb metadata
Mar 30, 2023 – IMDb and Fabric have announced a solution that allows media and entertainment companies to enrich their catalogs using entertainment data sets from IMDb. Licensing is fulfilled through AWS Data Exchange.
News categories: IMDb, Fabric, AWS, Nikki Santoro, Rob Delf, Marc Aldrich, Renee McGinnis, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Games revenue to reach $215bn by 2027 overtaking Pay TV and cinema
Mar 29, 2023 – Omdia research has revealed global consumer spend on games is set to reach $215bn by 2027. The transmedia space continues to expand as more videogame franchises make their way to the large and small screen.
News categories: Omdia, Maria Rua Aguete, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Innovative Systems renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
Mar 13, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed a renewal with Innovative Systems enabling it to continue providing service providers with an engaging EPG experience using Red Bee's enhanced metadata.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Innovative Systems, Jason Marchese, Scott Sobolewski, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
May 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the acquisition of Utelly, a content discovery platform provider. Its offerings include metadata aggregation, search and recommendations, as well as content management and a content promotion engine.
News categories: Synamedia, Utelly, Paul Segre, Romain Eude, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Roku concludes extension agreement with Amazon
Apr 4, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has concluded a multi-year extension to its distribution agreement with Amazon, enabling its customers to continue to access the Prime Video and IMDb TV apps on their Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Amazon, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029