Digital TV News: IPA
Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
Sep 15, 2020 – Disney+, the streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Belgium and Luxembourg. Disney+ already has more than 60.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Disney+, Rebecca Campbell, Belgium, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Luxembourg, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Sweden
Apple TV app launches on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Sep 8, 2020 – VIZIO has announced that customers in the US and Canada can now access the Apple TV app on SmartCast TVs. Eligible VIZIO SmartCast customers in the US can sign up for Apple TV+ and receive three months free.
News categories: VIZIO, Apple TV, Mike O'Donnell, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Movistar+ adds picture in picture and upgrades voice functionality
Jul 7, 2020 – Movistar+ fibre customers in Spain can now watch content from two different channels simultaneously on the screen. The operator has also added new features to its Voice Remote Control.
News categories: Movistar, Fernando Enrile, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain, UX
Proximus to offer Apple TV 4K to new and existing customers
Jun 22, 2020 – Proximus customers can now benefit from a zero sign-on experience with Apple TV 4K. The Apple TV 4K is available for €69 in combination with an 'Epic combo full' pack, or as a standalone device for €199.99.
News categories: Proximus, Apple, Jim Casteele, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
BARB launches BVOD ad planner for the UK
Jun 16, 2020 – BARB has launched a beta BVOD planner to help agencies and advertisers plan advertising campaigns across BARB-reported commercial broadcasters’ linear channels and VOD platforms in the UK.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
BARB launches integration with IPA TouchPoints
Mar 10, 2020 – BARB has launched an integration with IPA TouchPoints. This means that all of BARB’s daily audience data can now be analysed by IPA TouchPoints classifications, helping users to understand more about viewers through a wider range of behavioural definitions.
News categories: BARB, IPA, Justin Sampson, Belinda Beeftink, Advertising, Big Data, UK
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet