Digital TV News: IQIYI
iQIYI, Baidu and BGCTV launch Gehua Little Fruit Set Top Box
Sep 28, 2018 – iQIYI has announced the launch of the Gehua Little Fruit Set Top Box, developed in partnership with Baidu (NASDAQ: BIDU) and Beijing Gehua CATV Network (SSE: 600037). The AI-integrated TV box combines iQIYI's VOD content with BGCTV's cable TV services.
News categories: iQIYI, Baidu, Beijing Gehua CATV, Duan Youqiao, Ge Xingfei, Lu Dongtao, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
China’s TV programming industry now second only to the US
Aug 20, 2018 – China has overtaken the UK in the television programming industry, becoming the second-largest market in the world after the U.S., according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). TV programming expenditures in China hit 73 billion yuan (US$10.9 billion) in 2017.
News categories: IHS Markit, Kia Ling Teoh, China, Digital TV, Market Research
Asia Pacific: 351 million SVOD subscribers by 2023
Jul 25, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, three Chinese companies will top the Asia Pacific SVOD rankings by subscribers in 2023. Not expected to ever operate as standalone platforms in China, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will take fourth and fifth places respectively.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HTC Vive announces open VR platform and standalone headset
Nov 14, 2017 – HTC has announced VIVE WAVE, a VR open platform and toolset that will open up the path to easy mobile VR content development. HTC has also unveiled VIVE FOCUS, a standalone VR headset for the China market that is also based on the Vive Wave VR open platform.
News categories: HTC Vive, Qualcomm, Alvin Wang Graylin, Hugo Swart, China, Semiconductor, VR
Netflix expected to withdraw from Russia
Sep 11, 2017 – Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will boost the Eastern European SVOD sector considerably. According to Digital TV Research, Netflix will grow to 3.43 million subscribers by 2022 with Amazon Prime Video having 1.12 million subscribers at the same point.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Subscribers
Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
May 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has passed ChinaDRM Lab’s security evaluation test. The certification will enable operators in China to monetize OTT offerings.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Rory O’Connor, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking
iQIYI and Netflix sign licensing agreement
Apr 27, 2017 – iQIYI and Netflix have signed a content licensing agreement for a subset of Netflix' original series. Expectations of the deal are modest. iQIYI is the leading online video platform in China.
News categories: Netflix, iQIYI, China, Digital TV, OTT
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high