Digital TV News: ISRO
Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
Jan 17, 2020 – ISRO has announced that its GSAT-30 satellite has been successfully launched. The satellite will provide communications services, including DTH TV, to India via Ku-band, with coverage extended to Gulf countries, further Asian countries and Australia via C-band.
News categories: ISRO, Dr K Sivan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
India's GSAT-16 communications satellite launched successfully
Dec 7, 2014 – According to ISRO, India's communication satellite, GSAT-16, has been successfully launched from Kourou, French Guiana. GSAT-16 is a geostationary communication satellite which will carry 24 C-band, 12 Ku-band and 12 Upper Extended C-band transponders.
News categories: ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Satcom sector in India to grow at over 6% per year
Jan 23, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, India’s satellite communication sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years driven by explosive demand from DTH pay-TV platforms and growing telecommunication needs in the country.
News categories: Euroconsult, Deepu Krishnan, Content Distribution, India, Market Research, Satellite
Devas Multimedia plans DMB service in India
Aug 11, 2008 – Devas Multimedia plans to deliver video and TV channels via a hybrid satellite-terrestrial (DMB) network to mobile devices. Devas is working with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on a service to be launched in 2009-10.
News categories: ISRO, Digital TV, India, MnA, Mobile, Satellite
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions