Digital TV News: ISRO
NewSpace India planning GSAT-24 Ku-band satellite launch
Oct 1, 2021 – NSIL has announced a plan to launch GSAT-24, a Ku-band satellite, in the first quarter of 2022. The satellite, built by ISRO and to be launched by Arianespace, will be leased to Tata Sky for its DTH service.
News categories: NSIL, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
Jan 17, 2020 – ISRO has announced that its GSAT-30 satellite has been successfully launched. The satellite will provide communications services, including DTH TV, to India via Ku-band, with coverage extended to Gulf countries, further Asian countries and Australia via C-band.
News categories: ISRO, Dr K Sivan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
India's GSAT-16 communications satellite launched successfully
Dec 7, 2014 – According to ISRO, India's communication satellite, GSAT-16, has been successfully launched from Kourou, French Guiana. GSAT-16 is a geostationary communication satellite which will carry 24 C-band, 12 Ku-band and 12 Upper Extended C-band transponders.
News categories: ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Satcom sector in India to grow at over 6% per year
Jan 23, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, India’s satellite communication sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years driven by explosive demand from DTH pay-TV platforms and growing telecommunication needs in the country.
News categories: Euroconsult, Deepu Krishnan, Content Distribution, India, Market Research, Satellite
Devas Multimedia plans DMB service in India
Aug 11, 2008 – Devas Multimedia plans to deliver video and TV channels via a hybrid satellite-terrestrial (DMB) network to mobile devices. Devas is working with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on a service to be launched in 2009-10.
News categories: ISRO, Digital TV, India, MandA, Mobile, Satellite
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope