Digital TV News: ISRO
Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
Jan 17, 2020 – ISRO has announced that its GSAT-30 satellite has been successfully launched. The satellite will provide communications services, including DTH TV, to India via Ku-band, with coverage extended to Gulf countries, further Asian countries and Australia via C-band.
News categories: ISRO, Dr K Sivan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
India's GSAT-16 communications satellite launched successfully
Dec 7, 2014 – According to ISRO, India's communication satellite, GSAT-16, has been successfully launched from Kourou, French Guiana. GSAT-16 is a geostationary communication satellite which will carry 24 C-band, 12 Ku-band and 12 Upper Extended C-band transponders.
News categories: ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Satcom sector in India to grow at over 6% per year
Jan 23, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, India’s satellite communication sector has experienced significant growth over the past five years driven by explosive demand from DTH pay-TV platforms and growing telecommunication needs in the country.
News categories: Euroconsult, Deepu Krishnan, Content Distribution, India, Market Research, Satellite
Devas Multimedia plans DMB service in India
Aug 11, 2008 – Devas Multimedia plans to deliver video and TV channels via a hybrid satellite-terrestrial (DMB) network to mobile devices. Devas is working with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on a service to be launched in 2009-10.
News categories: ISRO, Digital TV, India, MandA, Mobile, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory