Digital TV News: ITU-T
InterDigital announces completion of VVC and V-PCC MPEG standards
Dec 17, 2020 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has announced the finalization of the VVC and V-PCC video standards. VVC improves HEVC performance by 50%, while V-PCC is the first MPEG compression standard for dynamic point cloud content for immersive video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Lionel Oisel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Worldwide
MC-IF invites input on VVC interoperability
Jul 15, 2020 – The Media Coding Industry Forum (MC-IF) has welcomed the completion of the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) standard. It is gathering input on which interoperability, testing, and implementation activities are of most interest for VVC.
News categories: MC-IF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
ATEME and SES show live over-the-air UHD broadcast using VVC
Jun 9, 2020 – ATEME has partnered with SES, VideoLabs and IETR to show UHD satellite transmission using Versatile Video Coding (VVC). The test transmission carried a UHD (4K) video stream using the new standard.
News categories: ATEME, SES S.A., VideoLabs, IETR, Mickaël Raulet, Thomas Wrede, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Media Player, Satellite
Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
Jan 21, 2020 – Allegro DVT has introduced compliance test bitstreams for the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) video standard. The VVC test bitstreams provide coverage of all syntax elements, branches, conditions and equations of the specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
MaxLinear launches 1-channel ATSC tuner-demod ICs for streaming boxes
Sep 15, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL69x family, the industry’s first family of single-channel integrated ATSC tuner-demodulator ICs. The family provides a solution for adding over-the-air TV to OTT STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, North America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
MaxLinear tuner chosen for 'Air HDTV' streaming OTA STB
Jan 6, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL603 global terrestrial tuner has been chosen for Air HDTV, an over-the-air (OTA) antenna/set-top box (STB) designed by Wireless Innovations Group.
News categories: MaxLinear, Wireless Innovation Group, ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Will Torgerson, Henry Cooper, Perry Chappell, Ashraf Tahir, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution